Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation UCC

Options
  • 26-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere quiet to live relatively close to UCC during the summer months? I was considering Victoria Lodge or Carraigbarre, does anyone know what the noise levels are like in those?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭funki_munkee

It was last year when I was looking for accommodation but Im sure the prices havent changed too much in a year. Vic Mills was 60 e a week and The Village was 50e a week. I found the UCC campus accommodation to be far more expensive and were more like 60e a night!! Defo not worth it. I chose Vic Mills its the most modern of all the places, the rooms were v spacious - single bed ensuite, parking was free and theres a centra, subway, chip shop and chinese all in the same area. Its also about a 10 min (approx!) walk to college so its quite convenient! And its near the no. 8 bus too for getting in and out of town! Im not too familiar with Carrigbarre its in a diff area to where the majority of the student building are located!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 augury9

It was last year when I was looking for accommodation but Im sure the prices havent changed too much in a year. Vic Mills was 60 e a week and The Village was 50e a week. I found the UCC campus accommodation to be far more expensive and were more like 60e a night!! Defo not worth it. I chose Vic Mills its the most modern of all the places, the rooms were v spacious - single bed ensuite, parking was free and theres a centra, subway, chip shop and chinese all in the same area. Its also about a 10 min (approx!) walk to college so its quite convenient! And its near the no. 8 bus too for getting in and out of town! Im not too familiar with Carrigbarre its in a diff area to where the majority of the student building are located!

Thanks for replying ! That's very helpful ! :)

Advertisement