Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@rcadeCon Fighting Game Tournaments - July 1st-3rd, D4 Hotels Ballsbridge

Options
  • 26-05-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

We at streetfighter.ie are happy to announce our sponsorship of the fighting game events at @rcadeCon this July.

The guys have scheduled tournaments over the weekend in:

Mortal Kombat 9 [Friday 4pm-6pm]
    Super Street Fighter 4 (presumably AE) [Saturday 12pm–2pm, final is Sunday at 12pm]
    Blazblue: Continuum Shift (presumably CS2) [Saturday 4pm-6pm, final is Sunday at 1pm]
    Super Smash Brothers: Brawl [Sunday 3pm-5pm]

The convention is €20 for a day pass or €35 for the weekend, with the first 50 people to pre-register getting a 5 euro discount.

I've sent an email asking if the infinite time limit rule can be changed to the accepted tournament standards, before anyone moans about that. :pac:

More information as we get it!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I demand the right to moan.

Actually I am gonna pre reg. Nice to see some bigger game events starting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Looks good. The site is blocked in work so I'll ask here. What do the finals for Blazblue and SF consist of? Top 8, Top 4, Top 2?

Unfortunately I have another tournament to go to that month and may need to watch my pennies. Hope I can make it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I might be heading up to this with some friends for some anime goodness.

Oh yeah SF too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is inferno on that saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yes it is great. The have also generously donated free entry to the event for the EVO Qualifier.

Well done. Good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

bush wrote: »
    Is inferno on that saturday?

Can't remember if I've booked the Exchange for that Saturday or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

DAM IT!!!!

Just when I thought I stood a chance all you guys show up. . . . . . . . .Well I still stand a chance at MK but Street Fighter and MVC just went down the drain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Spell check :)

Smash Bros should be spelled Marvel vs Capcom 3

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Think I might go to the tournament, I registered on the site anyways. Not too sure if I'll go considering the only fighting game I play is Mortal Kombat.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Kinda the same here. Mk is only at it cause of me on their forums. Look forward to kicking ass. And by that I mean going out in the second round to the guy who ends up winning like eirtakon last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The Arcade Con guys are awesome. Mad for giving away the aul free tickets.

Anyway, it's their first year running this con so go and support them and offer feedback etc. etc. woooo!

Oh, and they have a Robot Unicorn Attack tourney. It just doesn't get more awesome than that! :P

Oh, and Guile's VA (English) and Chun Li's VA (English) are guests at this event!

Konata wrote: »
    Chun Li's VA (English)

I was in two minds about this but I'm sold now :D

Orim wrote: »
    I was in two minds about this but I'm sold now :D

She also did the voice of Shin-Chan if anyone remembers that - used to be on Cartoon Network.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxu4svQsMNZEVvkleT05Sb24LFTWawoSYJnzwR1GFPRb3HYLCN

Apparenty she voices Platinum in BB:CS2 aswell.

I loved Shin-Chan. He was the hooligan I wished I could I be.

Pre-regged. Now I'm off to find the Q-Con thread and spend more money I don't have :(

Advertisement