Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilti 22v Vs Bosch 18v Cordless Combi Drill.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The hilti is an animal of a drill and the hammer is handy on it aswell.
    If your happy with the weight of it ,go for the hilti ,it's a joy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

there are not many Bosch drills that will take the abuse a hilti will.

Hilti hands down winner.

But the Bosch drill is probably a 1/3 of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hilti is ripoffcentral.com

Great tool no doubt, but the price for the tool, and particularly the parts is simply crazy.

There is always a benefit of buying a good tool, but then there is also the factor of the cost, and is the value of the hilti over the Bosch there? No imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Yeah Hilti if you can afford it. Use a 36v Hilti and no prob's with it. Have ia about 5yrs... A little heavy tho....

snyper wrote: »
    Hilti is ripoffcentral.com

Great tool no doubt, but the price for the tool, and particularly the parts is simply crazy.

There is always a benefit of buying a good tool, but then there is also the factor of the cost, and is the value of the hilti over the Bosch there? No imo.

I use a twenthy year old hilti snyper and it's as good as new. Hilti have a special price for servicing and all you pay is the set amount.
    Last drill I left in got nearly €700 worth of parts ,total price was €280. To buy the drill new would have cost about 1200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I use a twenthy year old hilti snyper and it's as good as new. Hilti have a special price for servicing and all you pay is the set amount.
    Last drill I left in got nearly €700 worth of parts ,total price was €280. To buy the drill new would have cost about 1200.

Didnt know that :)

I think they're a great tool, but always bawk at the price..

I use alot of dewalt bosch and makita, and while they arent near as good, for the price and the 3 year guarentee with bosch you can near afford to chuck it out if they give you jip after that period

Ive found that for example, the nails for the hilti steel nail gun at up to 40 quid a box to be craxy, and having to pay perhaps 800 notes for a wet core bit (larger ones) for the hilti dd200 for essentially 8mm of a diamond tip.. more than harsh

I only use drills ,Ive a TE72 ,TE55 ,TE14 and the 22volt cordless set.
    Never had a days trouble ,had to leave the te72 in because the apprentice left it out in the snow
    Great drills ,but wouldnt buy one for diy

edit: Just to add ,china make nearly all cordless stuff ,including hiltis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I always turn to this for advise on most power tools .

The Bosch seems to do a great job in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYDhZBFLA&feature=electronic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I would like your views or reviews on the following drills. I want if for screw driving, drilling wood, drilling steel and for tightening M8 bolts mainly.

Hilti SFH 22-A Cordless Hammer Drill / Driver

http://www.hilti.ie/holie/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-375007

Bosch GSB18VE2 18V Cordless Combination Drill

http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/prod_2572/cordless-power-tools/cordless-combination-drills/bosch-gsb18ve2-18v-cordless-combination-drill.html

Bought a Dewalt DC988KA ( XRP ) last week in Mcquillans for €240. Comes with carry case, charger and 2 x 2.4ah batteries, granted not Li-ion but a really nice piece of kit.

review linky

Advertisement