Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of Man TT 2011 - TV Listings

Options
  • 26-05-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

ITV4 Schedule:

Monday, May 30 - Hutchy’s Historic TT Year. A look back at Ian Hutchinson's phenomenal clean sweep of race wins in 2010.

Tuesday, May 31 - Murray Walker’s TT Memories. Legendary motorsport commentator Murray Walker takes us all the way back to his first ever visit to the races to watch his father in the 1930s. Eighty years on, Murray will be back to see another Isle of Man TT. He'll show you a uniquely personal insight into the history of the famous races.

Wednesday, June 1 - Isle of Man TT: An Insider’s Guide. Featuring news and stories from the top teams and riders, bringing you the inside track on all matters TT.

Thursday, June 2 - TT 2011 Preview Show

Friday, June 3 - TT 2011 Practice Show

Saturday, June 4 – Dainese Superbike Race

Sunday, June 5 – Sure Sidecar Race 1

Monday, June 6 – Monster Energy Supersport Race 1

Tuesday, June 7 – Royal London 360 Superstock Race

Wednesday, June 8 – Monster Energy Supersport Race 2

Thursday, June 9 – Sure Sidecar Race 2

Friday, June 10 – PokerStars Senior Race

Sunday, June 12 - Highlights Programme 1 and Highlights Programme 2

I cannot wait for this to start especially after last weekend's disappointment at the NW200.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

should be good alright, tempted to and still might consider heading out for the last weekend, aer arann flights about €250 ish, was there 4 yrs ago and loved it (weather helped)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevthefonz

anything on bbc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

kevthefonz wrote: »
    anything on bbc?
    Nope, only ITV as per previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Boat on Friday, look out for the guy grinning from ear to ear! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

sad to hear about Bill Currie and Kevin Morgan R.I.P lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gav VZR

Is there no other channel showing it cos i don't have ITV 4 cos i just have basic cable TV and last year i was able to watch it on setanta ireland cos they had rights to ITV 4 coverage but this year they're not showing it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

R.I.P Derek Brien
    “ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce the death of Derek Brien, 34, from Co. Meath in Ireland who was killed during the first Supersport race at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races following a high speed accident at Gorse Lea. The race was immediately red flagged following the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Always sad to hear about any rider paying the ultimate price on the Island, RIP Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

RIP Derek,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

RIP Derek,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

I DONT HAVE THAT CHANEL EITHER:mad:.
    Hope the weather stays good for them.
    Whats the best site to stay up to date?:)
    thanks.
    hope guy martin gets a win,god knows he diserves it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

It shame when you hear of a tragedy at the TT, does anyone know if theres a website showing the highlights or anything, ITV's iplayer won't work cos you have to be from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

just seen the reports on itv4 now

rest in peace Derek Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Is the highlights programme not on ITV so we can all watch it?
    I dont have itv4 or any of that lark and can't see any TT programming for terrestial TV:(

pdbhp wrote: »
    Is the highlights programme not on ITV so we can all watch it?
    I dont have itv4 or any of that lark and can't see any TT programming for terrestial TV:(
    No its only on ITV4 and the ITV player on their site doesn't unless your from the UK

Gav VZR wrote: »
    No its only on ITV4 and the ITV player on their site doesn't unless your from the UK

Thats absolutly woeful, you'd think the main road racing event of the year would be available on terrestrial TV

Thats absolutly woeful, you'd think the main road racing event of the year would be available on terrestrial TV
    Yeah i know its rediculous, i managed to down load highlights of the super bike race and the super stock race

Think I'll send UTV a strongly worded email letting them know my displeasure.
    I cannot believe they're not showing the most important race of the year on TV.

Think I'll send UTV a strongly worded email letting them know my displeasure.
    I cannot believe they're not showing the most important race of the year on TV.
    Yeah i was furious about it myself but all the ***** will is buy digital telly if you want to watch it, but what you can do is get a free view dish from your local power city and you get loads of digital channels and theres no bills, you just pay 80 euro for the dish and digi box and fit it yourself, im thinking of investing in one

• Advertisement

Yeah i was furious about it myself but all the ***** will is buy digital telly if you want to watch it, but what you can do is get a free view dish from your local power city and you get loads of digital channels and theres no bills, you just pay 80 euro for the dish and digi box and fit it yourself, im thinking of investing in one

Yea I have a dish on my wall from the previous tenants but I'm giving those idiots NTL dosh for my TV stations, was gonna change to Sky but they're slime bags. The only reason I fork out money for TV is to watch bike racing and to loose the TT is horrible a fate worse than death

Yea I have a dish on my wall from the previous tenants but I'm giving those idiots NTL dosh for my TV stations, was gonna change to Sky but they're slime bags. The only reason I fork out money for TV is to watch bike racing and to loose the TT is horrible a fate worse than death
    Yeah i was raging when i heard it was only on itv4 this years cos last year it was on setanta ireland and it was able to watch whole week of racing and now this year only itv had the tv rights to show it, i suppose it all comes down to the organisers cos its up to them who they sell the tv rights contract too and only itv got the contract, sure there was a lad at the TT with a cam corder and he was told by itv officials to stop videoing or they'd confiscate his camcorder

Yeah i was raging when i heard it was only on itv4 this years cos last year it was on setanta ireland and it was able to watch whole week of racing and now this year only itv had the tv rights to show it, i suppose it all comes down to the organisers cos its up to them who they sell the tv rights contract too and only itv got the contract, sure there was a lad at the TT with a cam corder and he was told by itv officials to stop videoing or they'd confiscate his camcorder

Seriously they told him to stop recording thats ludacris, all the motorcycling events I've ever been to would not have stopped anyone recording at all.

What písses me off is that ITV know that NTL don't have a deal to broadcast ITV4 etc. and should know that Road Racing is a big sport on these isles, they've really dropped the ball on this one.

Think I'll boycott ITV from this day on because this is unforgivabble

Seriously they told him to stop recording thats ludacris, all the motorcycling events I've ever been to would not have stopped anyone recording at all.

What písses me off is that ITV know that NTL don't have a deal to broadcast ITV4 etc. and should know that Road Racing is a big sport on these isles, they've really dropped the ball on this one.

Think I'll boycott ITV from this day on because this is unforgivabble
    Yeah i couldn't believe it they actually told him to stop filming in the pit area they were that strict, they could have done the decent thing and at least put it on itv 1 which is the same as utv so we could get to watch it but they wouldn't do that

Advertisement