Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plants

Options
  • 26-05-2011 2:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Iv recently planted some trees,I noticed great groth in april but they seem to have slowed,
    is it because of the drop in temp,?
    or is it normal,
    their noble fir.
    Has groth slowed over the last few weeks?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

conifers dont actually grow that much. I just check one of my conifers. The longest new growth is 5 inches 13cm and the shortest 2.5 inches 6.5cm
    Iv recently planted some trees,I noticed great groth in april but they seem to have slowed,
    is it because of the drop in temp,?
    or is it normal,
    their noble fir.
    Has groth slowed over the last few weeks?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Trees, depending on the size/age when planted, can take a year or two to really settle in and begin decent growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

very true and if not watered during the lack of rain in March and April they possibly didnt grow
    Trees, depending on the size/age when planted, can take a year or two to really settle in and begin decent growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Trees in general do most of their growth early in season. Its stored in in the bud and and its quite astonishing how quick the branches extend. Once this inital growth is done, its as much about consolidating rather than putting on more growth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

Thanks guys:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

If they have only been planted recently they need plenty of water and check that the winds haven't disturbed the roots ( firm the soil around them with your foot )

Advertisement