Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C3 Clarion radio not working...

Options
  • 26-05-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

Hi... the radio in my car has stopped tuning in altogether and keeps displaying a flashing 'No RDS' and no 'TA' sign. The arial is fine.

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a question of ringing the dealership to get the code, or is it an electrical fault, do you think?

Any help much appreciated, as I'm pretty clueless where it comes to cars! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If it needed a code, the word code would be on the screen. It sounds as if it's not getting a signal. Check the rear of the radio to see if the antenna connection has fallen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ok, cheers. :)

Haven't an iota how to take out a car radio, though, so will see can I get someone to have a look at that.

Would it be expensive to have someone at the dealership take a look, do you think...? Am pretty broke at the moment, having shelled out the bones of €500 to have a clutch valve replaced there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Get someone you know who's handy with Stereo's to do it. Definitely don't take it to a main dealer. You'll pay a fortune there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KVT

Hi, did you get a resolution to this problem as I've just encountered the very same issue :(
    Hi... the radio in my car has stopped tuning in altogether and keeps displaying a flashing 'No RDS' and no 'TA' sign. The arial is fine.

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a question of ringing the dealership to get the code, or is it an electrical fault, do you think?

Any help much appreciated, as I'm pretty clueless where it comes to cars! :)

Advertisement