Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize Bonds

Options
  • 26-05-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

So I just got in a letter with 125 euro of prize bonds to Mrs Rita NoQuarter which there is no one by that name in my house, so does that mean I can cash this bad boy in and buy you gaize all drinks or is it just one of those stupid scam things??

Edit: ah crap, wrong forum, can mods move to AH?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Safer to get back to them and ask what they're playing at. They might get back to you demanding it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'd like to know this myself. I got a Prize Bonds cheque in the post for €75 which was addressed for my ex GF. I could spend this money on a prostitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if you are looking for proper advice don't put it in AH. you'll just be told to blast it with piss

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

NoQuarter wrote: »
    So I just got in a letter with 125 euro of prize bonds to Mrs Rita NoQuarter which there is no one by that name in my house, so does that mean I can cash this bad boy in and buy you gaize all drinks or is it just one of those stupid scam things??

Beware this €125 prize cannot be correct as a €125 prize does not exist
    Prize Bonds are one of the products in the range of savings products offered by the NTMA (National Treasury Management Agency). If you check the NTMA website www.StateSavings.ie and look at the brochure on Prize Bonds you will note that there is no prize for €125.

The top prize is €1 MILLLION in the last weekly draw each month and €20,000 on the other weekly draws. There are almost 8,000 other weekly prizes for amounts of €1,000, or €250 or €75.

Please read the Prize Bond brochure on the NTMA website at http://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads/Brochure4.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

NoQuarter wrote: »

Sorry, I misread your posting and misunderstood it to say you won a cash prize of €125. As you are not the valid owner named on the cheque you will be unable to cash it in.

To avoid getting sucked into a scam the easiest thing to do is to telephone NTMA State Savings on 1850 30 50 60 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and they will be able to confirm if the Prize Bond for €125 (in the name of Mrs. NoQuarter) is valid. If it is valid you will be able to have re-directed to the correct address.

• Advertisement
Advertisement