Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best wrestling video games you've ever played?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I got 2 words for ya...

NO. MERCY.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I loved No Mercy but always wondered why Ho was so expensive :( Never got her either. Loved SYM too, the career mode was class.

I still get a kick out of Wrestlemania 2000 if only for the Blue Meanie's entrance music :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The last great WWE game.... They've gone downhill from SVR onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Has to be No Mercy, I loved the Huge variety of Moves it had over Smackdown at the time. Springboards,tying your opponent up in the Tree of Woe,moves on chairs, Blocks of cheese, so much to do & a top class Career mode. I could go on the only fault was the first shipment of the game was full of buggy as hell copies.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No Mercy. By far the best wrestling game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, I got the game the day it came out and it kept erasing the save file. which was annoying as flip! When they replaced the faulty copies though, they took out the blood. BOOOooo..

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

as an old school wrestling fan I'd love them to make a SvR type game (with a similar game engine) with nothing but wrestling legends in it.

I know that they've made Legends of Wrestlemania a couple of years back, which had a crappy game engine and now WWE All Stars (which isn't like a wrestling game atal really), but they should try to make one which encompases WCW/ECW/and WWF legends. I mean the mojority of the smackdown v raw games have incredible editing tool which allows you to create a lot or wrestlers, but why not get rid of that and just put in hundreds of pre made wrestlers?

I've actually gone back to the PS2 and bought Showdown: Legends of Wrestling the other day on ebay. Mostly due to the roster it has to be said, as they game itself didn't get great reviews.

Maybe with Legends of Wrestlemania 2 they'll beef up the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No Mercy and Wrestlefest in the arcade, god I loved and still do that game. "Jake, DDT! Warrior, gorilla press! Slaughter makes the tag!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fire Pro wrestling D.

• Advertisement

No Mercy for the N64 is my favourite wrestling game of all time.

Always enjoyed WCW mayhem on the ps 1 aswell.

Never a big fan of the smackdown games.

Top 3 and worst 3 of the games I've played:

Top 3
    1 - No Mercy
    2 - Mayhem
    3 - Wrestlemania 2000/Revenege (Basically the same game just with different rosters)

Worst 3
    1 - Simpsons wrestling :P
    2 - Thunder
    3 - Backstage brawl

EDIT: Forgot backstage brawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No Mercy. By far the best wrestling game ever made.

Nope. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 was superior to No Mercy. It used the same engine, but the hit detection was vastly improved. No Mercy's roster is obviously better, but in terms of gameplay - VPW2 is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Smackdown:Shut Your Mouth on the PS2 is my all time favourite wrestling game,it had everybody on it and was just awesome.

WCW Mayhem on the PS1 was a great little game too.

Was never a fan of WWF Attitude or No Mercy but my least favourite wrestling game ever has to be WWF Raw on the original Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Smackdown here comes the pain had the best season mode imho

No mercy on the N64 had the best game play imho.

The newer games are to linear 4 my likin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I still think Know Your Role stands up to anything, it was immense for it's time, and i don't think i got to a point where it just stopped- was there even an end?

After that, Here Comes The Pain was the only other one i thoroughly enjoyed playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

I owned a total of six wrestling games for my n64.

I'll rank them in order of most preferred to least preferred.

WWF Wrestlemania 2000
    WCW/NWO Revenge
    WCW/NWO World Tour
    WWF Attitude
    ECW Hardcore Revolution
    WWF Warzone

As you can see, the THQ games were streets better than the Acclaim games in my opinion. They played a much more enjoyable game, were easy to pick up and hard to put down and could get pretty hectic. How cool was it to realize that their games allowed you to do such moves as the superplex? Acclaim's wrestling games had all the atmosphere of a recently vacated hangar, the move system required button combos that made it feel like Tekken and the moves, even the finishers, had comically little effect if done too early whereas a slap could be near life threatening if performed on a badly weakened opponent. The Acclaim games did feature some nice non generic entrances, soundbites and taunts but that didn't matter because the gameplay was so insipid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

smackdown here comes the pain so many memories from the childhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whatcha gonna do!!!

Look like a retard in front of the telly I guess.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Whatcha gonna do!!!

Not Buy it for a start,I can't see who'd want to buy it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement