Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Beer Lidl

Options
  • 26-05-2011 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Grafenwalder 5lt keg 2.99 from 2nd of June! :eek:

I'm sure it tastes appropriately to the price though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a typo - it's €12.99. In the small print, it says 2.50 a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Grafenwalder 5lt keg 2.99 from 2nd of June! :eek:

I'm sure it tastes appropriately to the price though.

The weissbier from Grafenwalder is quite decent. If you like weissbier of course. I always buy it at Lidl for €1.29 a can, versus €2.00 a bottle of Erdinger. Of course Erdinger is much better but hey, we're on the bargain forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

rafaetha wrote: »
    The weissbier from Grafenwalder is quite decent. If you like weissbier of course. I always buy it at Lidl for €1.29 a can, versus €2.00 a bottle of Erdinger. Of course Erdinger is much better but hey, we're on the bargain forum :)

tell me where you can get Erdinger for €2 a bottle,cheapest I've found is €2.40.Whats the Grafenwalder like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Here's the link
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/index_10789.htm

Typo alright - what's the chance of them honouring it? :-)

tell me where you can get Erdinger for €2 a bottle,cheapest I've found is €2.40.Whats the Grafenwalder like?

Might have been a while ago, I honestly don't know the exact price of Erdinger but €2.40 seems more accurate than my estimate.

Grafenwalder is a regular wheat beer, hard to describe. It's a bit of a stepdown from Erdinger or Paulaner but it's not ****e either. Would recommend getting a couple of cans and trying it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

O'Briens off licence do now and again 5 Erdinger for €10. It comes it a different bottle but tastes the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Would'nt say 5l is a bargain at €12.99
    Lidl sold the 500ml can last year for 69c http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055971159

snubbleste wrote: »
    Would'nt say 5l is a bargain at €12.99
    Lidl sold the 500ml can last year for 69c http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055971159

If I found it for 69c today I'd stock up big time! Still, paying 1.19 or 1.29 for it is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

It's decent enough - not great, but good enough (I reckon) for the money. It was 75c a can a couple of weeks ago, and it's great value at that price.

No head when you pour it though. That's one big difference between it and Paulaner/Erdinger etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

O'Briens off licence do now and again 5 Erdinger for €10. It comes it a different bottle but tastes the same.

it's not the same... You're talking about the urweisse as opposed to the weissbier ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Thats more expensive than buying by the can... Cans are 99c here in Portlaoise...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thats more expensive than buying by the can... Cans are 99c here in Portlaoise...

..but the OP says it is a bargain and created a new thread all about it..

Advertisement