Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerts and Drink!

Options
  • 25-05-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Mods can move this if not in right section but just wanted to know if and how people have smuggled drink (such as spirits) into concerts such as Slane etc without being detected??

Obviously I have no problem drinking what is on offer but some of my friends dont drink beer etc.

Wellies are a common answer, just wondering if anyone on here has anymore ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Mc Love wrote: »
    Mods can move this if not in right section but just wanted to know if and how people have smuggled drink (such as spirits) into concerts such as Slane etc without being detected??

Obviously I have no problem drinking what is on offer but some of my friends dont drink beer etc.

Wellies are a common answer, just wondering if anyone on here has anymore ideas?

your liver and stomach are good places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Become a Goatsie - it will add to your options. If you train hard and apply yourself you could be bringing a whole keg in to your next gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Get yourself a large hip flask. My hipflask has transformed my life. I do need to invest in a larger one though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

One of those water pack thingies perhaps?

http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/water-bottles/category

Actually now that I think of it though, I remember using one of them a few years ago at Oxegen to carry some vile Lilt and Vodka concoction, it went all warm in my bag, but I drank it anyway :pac: Just suss out if there's anywhere you can get a plastic glass and some ice-cubes to make it a bit more palatable (Those Bacardi tents at Oxegen and EP are ideal, but I don't know if there'll be the like at Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Hip flask strapped to your inner leg...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I smuggled a nagin of whiskey down me jocks into the o2 last night, saved me €20 snots.

Edit: And I remember a good few years ago at slane the missus hollowed out some bread

rolls and put in a half bottle of vodka in each and then covered them up with some lettuce..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Draw straws.

Loser has to swallow multiple triple-bagged condoms of poitin.

Feed laxative to mule at campsite.

Make merry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bribe one of the stewards or roadies to hold it for you among all their gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

You need to get yourself one of these... problem sorted!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

slane is pretty easy to bring a few beers in

well it was for oasis anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

1/ Put a goldfish in a bag of water.

2/ Put the bag in a bigger bag, then top that one up with vodka.

3/ Open an aquarium.

4/ Eh, I don't really know where this is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Put naggin of whatever in your inside pocket of a jacket.

Walk in drinking a can.

They take can, assume it's all you have, naggin lives free.

Worked many times at Oxegen last year for myself and friends included.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Put naggin of whatever in your inside pocket of a jacket.

Walk in drinking a can.

They take can, assume it's all you have, naggin lives free.

Worked many times at Oxegen last year for myself and friends included.

Thats definitely a good one! Thanks :D

Colostomy bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Colostomy bag.

It's for getting it in not out ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

bryaner wrote: »
    I smuggled a nagin of whiskey down me jocks into the o2 last night, saved me €20 snots.

You smuggled whiskey into a SADE Concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Naggin down infront of your jocks, they don't like patting there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Mrs Ghost Buster and I smuggled 2 x litre bottles of gin and tonic into the U2 Slane gig ten or more score years ago!
    We found that water could be brought in but that the lids must be removed so we pre mixed G and T in ballygowen bottles. Mixed it fairly weak so that it would freeze. It needed to be frozen so that when security confiscated the lids it wouldnt slosh everywhere. Once inside we popped on the spare lids we had smuggled in in our shoes and hey presto CHILLED G AND T ON THE LAWN DAHLINGS!!!!!

Oh yeah. Mrs Ghost has form. She had to suffer a Boyzone concert once. Her friend won tickets. To numb the pain she hid a naggin of gin in an inside pocket directly over a boobie to discourage 'patting down'.
    Then with a clever Christy Brown inspired use of a straw she could slurp away during the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Inject the vodka into an orange or as Jamie Oliver does and funnels into a watermelon !!

I like the one about carrying the can whilst smuggling up the sleve. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Mrs Ghost Buster and I smuggled 2 x litre bottles of gin and tonic into the U2 Slane gig ten or more score years ago!

In fairness, 200 years ago security wasn't great at Slane. Gigs weren't great either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

In fairness, 200 years ago security wasn't great at Slane. Gigs weren't great either.

OOOOhhhhhh Guess whos down with the kids this morning!

And with only 190 years in the difference between 10 years and 200 years Im guessing its pre school kids you are down with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

OOOOhhhhhh Guess whos down with the kids this morning!

And with only 190 years in the difference between 10 years and 200 years Im guessing its pre school kids you are down with.

I have no idea wtf that's supposed to mean, but does it help that I'm 40 and know a score means 20, so you wrote that you'd been to Slane 200 or more years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Mc Love wrote: »

Well first off im not a beer fan at all, just drink spirits myself and had the same issue for ages as go to 3 festivals abroad every year, so after a while and numerous efforts of smuggling vodka/jager etc in a plastic bottle in my trousers, i decided there must be a better way!!!

then .........BOOOOOMMMM..............there is was in a shop window:D basically the one i have holds about 2 litres of spirts sweeet and a straw included (put the straw down the sleeeve and drink while security search you hahahaha seriously though have never been caught, because i put it on my back then wear an army jacket over it, trust me they never check your back .............roll on HELLFEST next month:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.ngshopping.com/pictures/products/1a375426-6749-41a0-8493-cd24e85906c9/49/Durable_Survival_Backpack_Style_Water_Ba_11711864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

(Those Bacardi tents at Oxegen and EP are ideal, but I don't know if there'll be the like at Slane.

Don't do it, save yourself the heartbreak! Slane is a fúcking terrible day out, and the kings of leon are shíte live. Get some cans sit at home and listen to their albums - it will be the very same but without the hours of walking.
    You could also watch the glorious barcelona put the manks in their place instead, listen to those cds after:D
    GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Well first off im not a beer fan at all, just drink spirits myself and had the same issue for ages as go to 3 festivals abroad every year, so after a while and numerous efforts of smuggling vodka/jager etc in a plastic bottle in my trousers, i decided there must be a better way!!!

then .........BOOOOOMMMM..............there is was in a shop window:D basically the one i have holds about 2 litres of spirts sweeet and a straw included (put the straw down the sleeeve and drink while security search you hahahaha seriously though have never been caught, because i put it on my back then wear an army jacket over it, trust me they never check your back .............roll on HELLFEST next month:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.ngshopping.com/pictures/products/1a375426-6749-41a0-8493-cd24e85906c9/49/Durable_Survival_Backpack_Style_Water_Ba_11711864.jpg

These are the way forward op, if you really insist on going:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I don't know if they allow unopened bottles of soft drinks at Slane but one of these plus a small bottle (like the ones for childrens lunchboxes, around the same size as the 25p bottles that they used have in small shops) of whatever spirit you like, rolled up tightly in a picnic blanket (they sell ones with waterproof undersheets attached) has gone undetected a couple of times for me at Leeds and Rock Werchter. Even if you can't bring a soft drink it's still cheaper than beer/ wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Another option is the ol' brown pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

Inject the spirits into oranges. Saves you buying mixers too. Food + drink sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

At Oasis in Slane I put a shoulder of Vodka in a cowboy hat it done the trick and a couple of my friends filled ice cubs bags with vodka and taped them to their backs was a genius idea but sore while the tape was being removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Cmc29

Haven't been to a concert in a good while but it's a pain for me. I'm coeliac and most outdoor concerts have tents sponsored by certain companies and in my experience they rarely, if ever, have cider. I'd happily sneak in some drink. I was at the volvo ocean race in Galway. Same thing there, no cider. Only guinness and beer. Had to drag everyone to the local pub so i could join them in their drink. Last concert i was at i sneaked in some vodka. If i want to have a few drinks in there how else am i going to do it? I think it's a bit stupid. I understand that they'll have sponsors but where does that leave people who can't have beer or guinness? If you're going out you're going to want to have a bit of craic.

Advertisement