Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Beers

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:04pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rather than trying to choose a date that suits everyone via poll I'm going to try just picking dates for the next couple of beers sessions and go about it that way; it seems less confusing.

Update:

The plan is to meet this Saturday evening (18th June), starting at around 7:30, at the Ship And Shovell. Google Maps link for the location is here, nearest tube stations are Charing Cross, Embankment and Leicester Square.

If you've not been to a beers before, drop me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm planning to go to London Feis that day so no can do I'm afraid.

http://londonfeis.com/

If it happens to change to the following week (25th) I can definitely make it though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Thus begins a dictatorship for the ages :) First your beers, next he'll be forcibly correcting your spelling and grammar!

Daytime or nightime beers? Beer gardens are tempting...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Are we still on for June beers? Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Really need to get my act together, it's been almost a year...I'll try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Unfortunately I'm not around that weekend. Hopefully can make one over the summer! Have a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Fishie wrote: »
    Are we still on for June beers? Any update?

Definitely still on, though if the date looks to not suit people I'll change it. I'll post up within the next day or two to confirm the date and choose a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Might actually get to go to this one. Any weekend in June suits me.

I hope the weather improves if we were still thinking of doing something outside... Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'll try and make it along too, depending on whether I'm working the weekend it's on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I hope the weather improves if we were still thinking of doing something outside... Ugh!

Unfortunately the weather's supposed to improve during the week then go feeble at the weekend again :( I've also managed to confirm that, of the folks who've been along previously, this weekend and next weekend are about equal in terms of convenience.

The plan is therefore to meet this Saturday evening, starting at around 7:30, at the Ship And Shovell. Google Maps link for the location is here, nearest tube stations are Charing Cross, Embankment and Leicester Square.

If you've not been before, drop me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I'll pop along. Sounds like fun. Either that, or an unhealthy reminder of Ireland. :)

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    I'll pop along. Sounds like fun. Either that, or an unhealthy reminder of Ireland. :)

Good stuff, see you there :)

I'll be there too. Totally smashed since it'll be three days before payday but pretty sure I can manage a drink or three...

Mu cousin's visiting so doubt I'll make it..altho it would be pretty funny if I brought her, she can't get over the shock that I meet people in a new country who I have only met on the internet! Woud totally freak her out.. :)

Mu cousin's visiting so doubt I'll make it..altho it would be pretty funny if I brought her, she can't get over the shock that I meet people in a new country who I have only met on the internet! Woud totally freak her out.. :)

Bring her along! We'll convert her to a boardsie ;)

I'm in! My flatmate's capoeira batizado is earlier in the day, so I'll need a few stiff drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

I shall be there! I am need of some alcohol.

I'm in! My flatmate's capoeira batizado is earlier in the day, so I'll need a few stiff drinks

When I used to do capoeira in Cork a friend of mine was adamant that it was actually just an excuse for me to swan off somewhere and drink cocktails (presumably caipirinhas). So you could always just turn up and demand hard liquor in exchange for your presence :D
    Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I shall be there! I am need of some alcohol.

Huzzah! Big up the Corkonian Massive, etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

I will also most likely be there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

My presence will be enjoyed by one, by all.

I am also fupping delighted that this meet up is not in fupping Scotland or wherever in North London that "beer garden" (the one that wasn't) was because it took me two ferry rides, a camel trek and over an hour on the Tube to get there. And then the only two northerners LEFT the remaining three very southern southerners /rant.

• Advertisement

My presence will be enjoyed by one, by all.

I am also fupping delighted that this meet up is not in fupping Scotland or wherever in North London that "beer garden" (the one that wasn't) was because it took me two ferry rides, a camel trek and over an hour on the Tube to get there. And then the only two northerners LEFT the remaining three very southern southerners /rant.

I'll have you know that North Edinburgh is a lovely place to go drinking, and the Southerners are always welcome to suggest liquor retrieval locations. Failure to do so elevates me to the position of Fearless Leader and Implementer Of The Glorious Five-Beverage Plan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Hey!
    I don't use boards much but recently moved to London. PM me if ye guys are still meeting up later, will try to grab a beer :)

The weak have bowed out & retreated to bed :)

My liver hurts.

Urgh. Just urgh.

Also, getting home shouldn't have taken me that long or involved a gaggle of mad australians taking photos of themselves mooning phone booths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

That was fun. And quite silly in some places. Namely Leicester Square. Nice to meet all ye.

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    That was fun. And quite silly in some places. Namely Leicester Square. Nice to meet all ye.

Heh, I quite enjoyed the looks on the faces of some of those club promoters when faced with bluedolphin's "Come to our club, it's £2.50 to get in and shots are 70 pence a go" pitch :D

Gutted I couldn't attend. Glad it went well!

Gutted I couldn't attend. Glad it went well!

Not to worry, I'm sure there will be more! I hope that you had fun with your cousin :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement