Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 25-05-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,

Without going into too much detail, I feel like I am being bullied at work, by a much older women and I don't know how to approach the subject with my employer. I have tried to talk it over with my boss but she has told me not to take things personally as the person is probably just having a bad week, but she doesn't realize that I am treated like this most days by her. It has come to the point where I am resentful towards this person and hate going near her or speaking to her and its really getting me down as I don't want to feel this way at work. It has got to the point where I will be thinking for hours what I should have said or done, when she does something to me. I have made a complaint in the past but that wasnt taken seriously and they brought in the anti bullying training and made the whole company sit through it again. There is nothing that I can prove that she is bullying me other then what she says to me, so I just want to know what I should do calm the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved to "Work Problems"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hi,

Without going into too much detail, I feel like I am being bullied at work, by a much older women and I don't know how to approach the subject with my employer. I have tried to talk it over with my boss but she has told me not to take things personally as the person is probably just having a bad week, but she doesn't realize that I am treated like this most days by her. It has come to the point where I am resentful towards this person and hate going near her or speaking to her and its really getting me down as I don't want to feel this way at work. It has got to the point where I will be thinking for hours what I should have said or done, when she does something to me. I have made a complaint in the past but that wasnt taken seriously and they brought in the anti bullying training and made the whole company sit through it again. There is nothing that I can prove that she is bullying me other then what she says to me, so I just want to know what I should do calm the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take note of a few examples, dates too, and go back to your boss again... Explain that you are feeling bullied/harassed on an ongoing basis by this person.. your boss has specific responsibilities to ensure your workplace is free from harassment..
    You could consider requesting a 3 way conversation to resolve the issue promptly..
    Remember it's not what he bully intends, if you feel it is happening then management need to take you seriously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Missgoggles

Thanks Bbam for your response.

I have requested a meeting with my boss next week and have asked to speak to her about another incident that has happened yesterday and is carrying on into today. I have noted a few things and will put them down and speak to my boss BUT unfortunately it will also be handed in with my resignation. After today, I feel like there is no other option as this has been going on for 4 years and I have made verbal complaints in the past and none have been taken seriously. My boss has requested meetings with my colleagues boss & it has not happened. My colleague put in a written complaint about me last week (I know that sounds bad on my part, but I actually did nothing wrong and proved this to my boss) and I was told not to take it personally and that she is just having a bad week and taking it out on me. I am so upset by this as it is proven that I did not do what she said I had, and colleagues have insisted it is untrue to my boss, but yet nothing has been said to her about making a false accusation about me. Im fed up and feel like a fool as I should have spoken up along time ago and now I have no fight in me and just want to leave it be and just walk away!

Advertisement