Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite umpires removed

Options
  • 25-05-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Asoka (Gary Wilson decision) da Silva and Daryl (what volume control) Harper have been removed as elite level umpires to be replaced by Kumar Dharmasena and Richard Kettleborough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

About time really but Dharmasena and Kettleborough are two of the best umpires I have seen in a while along with Mr.Dar of course :),

also can someone explain '' volume control '' with Harper?, I remember something about him not knowing of a stump microphone to hear for edges...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

it relates to this

His problems came to a head during England's South Africa tour the following winter when, as third umpire, he turned down a caught-behind appeal against Graeme Smith that had been referred to him. Harper upheld the on-field umpire Tony Hill's decision because he could not hear a sound on the replay and it was suggested that he had not increased the volume setting on his monitor which would have made the edge evident. However, after an inquiry following a complaint by England coach Andy Flower the ICC said the lapse was caused by "technical failure".

Crikey! thank feck he has been removed, now next to go should be Doctrove and possibly Bowden, I'll return later with more names to go ;)...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Cremated wrote: »
    Crikey! thank feck he has been removed, now next to go should be Doctrove and possibly Bowden, I'll return later with more names to go ;)...

Who should replace them? No point in getting rid of reasonable umpires if the replacements don't have at least the potential to be better than them.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Who should replace them? No point in getting rid of reasonable umpires if the replacements don't have at least the potential to be better than them.

Well there has to be a better umpire out there than Doctrove imo, and Bowden isn't that bad, I wasn't fully serious about him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

doctrove is very reluctant to make a decision,just likes to shake his head constantly.bowden is my wifes hero for his eccentricities!Bring back Dicky Bird...
    :)

Advertisement