Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Spoilers*Smackdown Results 27th of May

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Dark Match:

Johnny Curtis defeated Ted DiBiase

SmackDown:

World Champion Randy Orton opens the show but is interrupted by Christian. He talks about Over the Limit and challenges Orton to another match. Sheamus and Mark Henry both interrupt. Teddy Long comes out and says the same guys are still arguing about a title shot. Christian vs. Henry vs. Sheamus is booked for tonight's main event.

Sin Cara defeated Chavo Guerrero in their rematch from Sunday. This was better than the pay-per-view match.

Cody Rhodes and his employees brought out more brown bags. Cody insulted the crowd until he was interrupted by Daniel Bryan to a pretty big pop from his homestate crowd.

Daniel Bryan beat Cody Rhodes with the LaBell Lock. After the match, Cody Rhodes attacked him, layed him out with a CrossRhodes and put a brown bag over his head.

Booker T enters the ring and invites Michael Cole in. Booker talked about Cole losing to Jerry Lawler at OTL and applauded him for apologizing on RAW. Booker wants Cole to apologize to the SmackDown fans. Booker played Cole by ducking his handshake and showing a pic of Lawler's foot in his face. Booker gave Cole mints like Lawler did on RAW.

Backstage interview with
    Christian.

Kane defeated The Great Khali. Jinder Mahal came out after the match and shoved Ranjin Singh. Khali went to help Ranjin up but ended up crushing him with the vice grip. Mahal and Khali left together.

Ezekiel Jackson beat Heath Slater by DQ when The Corre interfered while Zeke was controlling the match.

Backstage interview with Sheamus talking about the main event.

Tamina and Alicia Fox beat AJ Lee and Kaitlyn, who had Natalya at their side. Alicia hit the axe kick for the win.

Sheamus defeated Mark Henry and Christian to become the new #1 contender to Randy Orton's World Heavyweight Title.

Looks like Christian push or time in the WHC picture scene is over :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

moved from the other thread as I cant see anything related to what walter was reporting in this.

Cody/Bryan has me intreged. The Main event for Capitol Punishment however is just a rehash of a Raw main event from several months ago isnt it? not exactly new which is what id prefer to see.

Wonder where Christians story will go from here now?

Similarily Cole's seems he may be goaded into further heel action by the other commentaters now that he has been humbled. Still think he has to be revealed as the GM if its going to make even the smallest bit of sense in the end

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I accepted Christian's time at the top was over when they shook hands at the PPV. That's pretty much a blow off moment.

Rhodes vs Bryan is cool and by the looks of it, DB is getting an actual feud! Yeay! And two wins in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wonder where Christians story will go from here now?

I can see a heel turn coming, just gets more and more annoyed at having his dream taken from him, gets more dissillusioned and BAM - heel christian!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tbh, I accepted Christian's time at the top was over when they shook hands at the PPV. That's pretty much a blow off moment.

Rhodes vs Bryan is cool and by the looks of it, DB is getting an actual feud! Yeay! And two wins in a row!

yeah he buried Cody :pac::pac: Should be a good feud between those two hopefully.

The WWE need to use Christian right though because if anything his time in the main event should show them how good he is. His last few PPV matches and the SD match with Orton have been the best matches in the WWE recently and without him v Orton at OTL it would have looked like an extremely poor ppv

Im not annoyed by Sheamus getting back to the main event but feel he will just be the next to lose to the Viper and considering they feuded on Raw not too long ago dont think he will even get a 2 PPV title feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Great now Sheamus has Ceiling staring duty. It'll be hard for wwe to turn Christian heel cause wwe already has too few faces & is overloaded with heels.It'd make sense but I still couldn't see Vince giving the ok for Christian to be given the title again maybe thats just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish Wade would drop the IC belt to Cody or Bryan I think it would make their feud even better adding the IC title to the mix

So we have another heel on SD in Khali now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I see an epic Henry/Christian feud on the horizon.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sheamus to be buried and to return to irrelevance in no time. They should turn him face and have him feud with Barrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I wonder when Johnny Curtis and R-Truth will get their tag team title shot?

I wonder when Johnny Curtis and R-Truth will get their tag team title shot?

I've been wondering that for ages and now with Truth's heel turn it will probably be forgotten about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd say they have the Summerslam main event in mind already. My guess is it will be Orton vs a heel Christian. In the meantime I guess Sheamus is going to be putting over Orton until then while Christian will be occupied with Henry. The Rhodes/Bryan feud does interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd say they have the Summerslam main event in mind already. My guess is it will be Orton vs a heel Christian. In the meantime I guess Sheamus is going to be putting over Orton until then while Christian will be occupied with Henry. The Rhodes/Bryan feud does interest me.

I'd say that's the plan alright, but they only have the MITB ppv between Capital Punishment and Summerslam, so maybe Christian turns heel at SS itself? Or he wins the title by turning at MITB and defends at SS?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd say that's the plan alright, but they only have the MITB ppv between Capital Punishment and Summerslam, so maybe Christian turns heel at SS itself? Or he wins the title by turning at MITB and defends at SS?

Yea would like that , id presume at SS it will be Orton vs whoever in a special match so if Christian cashes it in it wont make Orton look weak , kinda like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

Patience children, this Christian/Orton fued is not over. Orton inadvertently distracted the referee when Christian had the match won. The title match is booked for next week not the PPV. I suspect interference from Christian which could possibly cost Orton the title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kind of off topic but just noticed the ad for All-Stars at the break was showing Macho Man vs Morrison. Is that new? Haven't seen that one before (though I havent been watching SD....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Patience children, this Christian/Orton fued is not over. Orton inadvertently distracted the referee when Christian had the match won. The title match is booked for next week not the PPV. I suspect interference from Christian which could possibly cost Orton the title

Yeah people need to cool the jets and wait to actually see what happens before complaining. The Christian/Orton feud is far from over. Having just watched it, Christian and Orton was the story from the main event.

WWE have released a new tshirt for Christian

76216sm.jpg

Ok this might not mean much :p but hopefully Christian will have a least another lengthy WHC title reign this year

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

how long was Bryan/Cody?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    how long was Bryan/Cody?

About 8 and a 1/2 mins, great match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So that is what Sin Cara was trying to do at Over the Limit! It looked well this week.

Enjoyed the show overall. Good to see Bryan v Cody. Bryan gets the win but Cody does something about it, good booking in my mind.

Great to see Sheamus as the No 1 contender. Christian/Orton is intriguing. The way Orton "cost" Christian and the fact Sheamus gets his title shot next week is a serious incentive to watch next week.

I could do without Khali stuff though.
    Heath Slaters tights are a smart move. Too many wrestler running around in underpants looking the same as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    76216sm.jpg
    r

Not to sound mean, but thats a fugly shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WWE have released a new tshirt for Christian

76216sm.jpg

Ok this might not mean much :p but hopefully Christian will have a least another lengthy WHC title reign this year

I always thought the Unprettier was a much better name for the move,I haven't bought a Wrestling T-Shirt in years so I can't comment on if its bad or not.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Not to sound mean, but thats a fugly shirt.

Yes it dont look good I prefer the other one

a20792a12fc1a89bf9de6d_m.jpg

I think the shirt change could be for his heel turn perhaps

Advertisement