Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers for Yamaha RXV667

Options
  • 25-05-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I have the above 7.1 amp and looking to get a set of speakers (or seperates) for it.

I know next to nothing about this, only that herself wont want massive speakers around the room!

So just wondering if anyone could provide some options/expertise

At the moment I have a set of Yamaha NSB285 connected, along with a PS3, Sky HD Box and 55" Bravia

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

budget? and what do you mean by seperates?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

budget is around 400-500

I mean seperate speakers, rather than a 5.1 package, but I am flexible. Looking at the Boston Soundware XS - not sure how good they would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GaylaBells02

go search the net what fits on your amp

go search the net what fits on your amp

wow, helpful, most any set of decent speakers will work with his amp, until we get up to funny money

slipshaney, at that budget, if you could stretch a bit further the kefs from here
    http://munstersounds.com/product_info.php?cPath=40_44&products_id=339&osCsid=a2158b588d3579f5024af5c42e0aac44

would be a better bet than the boston option, imho

the other option, and would give you a better sound overall, would be to buy a decent set of stereo speakers for now, and build up as you go along. something like the monitor audios here
    http://munstersounds.com/product_info.php?cPath=63_65_67&products_id=940&osCsid=a2158b588d3579f5024af5c42e0aac44

would be a great set of bookshelves to start with

thanks mossy - will take a look at that set. not sure if herself would like the design though! thats why the bostons are appealing

• Advertisement

Slipshaney wrote: »
    thanks mossy - will take a look at that set. not sure if herself would like the design though! thats why the bostons are appealing

understood, they are a bit different looking. the sound quality has to be balanced with the WAF

absolutely.....are there any other sets that are WF apart from the bostons ?

the q acoustics set are a bit over budget at munstersounds, but if you can get them for cheap somewhere else would be a good option

have a look in the richer sounds fourm on here and see what deals they have done for others recently

will do - i have a set of q acoustics 1000i but herself hates the look of them. great set of speakers tho

Advertisement