Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Need some advice please!

Options
  • 25-05-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Need to mark out my Garage foundations tomorrow (ie today Wednesday!) and want to allow only enough room between garage and house for storing an average family sized camper van (I know this is vague) behind the Garage when not in use, ie to drive it in carefully.

The reason I need this distance, hopefully with your help is that I don't want to eat into the whole back garden by pushing garage back etc....

Garage is 3 feet away from rear wall corner over towards neighbours due to a path so just need to work out how far back towards the back hedge it needs to be!

Hope that makes sense - maybe someone out there has just enough clearance and can measure for me!?!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Average footprint of a camper would be 2.5 x 7 ish meters

But don't forget ...to move that thing in there you'll need a fair bit of room to maneuvre. If you can't drive straight into that space, the radius of any curves would have to be fairly big.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

Make sure you also allow for any roof overhang and gutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks all - Wish I had a loan of one for a test run or someone on here had a similar set up and could advise of the exact distance to mark down for that Garage corner!

Cheers,

Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

If you need to come at that space at *any* kind of an angle it will need to be wider again. My father in law ended up with about 4 inches either side with the mirrors folded (can't see where you're going) and it took soo much manoevering to get it in that it put him off taking it out.

Advertisement