Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band websites

Options
  • 24-05-2011 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Afternoon, Boards...

Can I tell you about something I made that might interest you?

It's a free minimalist WordPress theme for bands and musicians, called Slates. Go and take a look, there's even a video there of me sounding like Ray Darcy.

If you feel like using it to make your website, or telling people about it, I'd be delighted. If you have any questions, let me know.

("Huh? A WordPress theme? What's that?" Maybe start here or here.)

Mods: I PM-ed about posting this but didn't hear back -- I hope it's ok.

Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tom_odoherty

A quick update on this. If anyone would like to see a real-life site running Slates, just to get an idea of what it can do, then maybe you could take a look at the new Squarehead website.

If you don't know the band, they're great. :) They were supporting The Black Lips in the Button Factory this week.

Making the site involved collecting together various things: Video, audio, images (both gig poster images and photo galleries), a Twitter feed, a mailing list signup, a list of upcoming gigs, and chunks of links (links to buy their record, links to their profiles on various other sites, links to other stuff).

All combined with a two-column layout with a logo and background taken from the artwork from their upcoming debut album.

Add in a Google Analytics and a couple of other bits and bobs and we're done. Sweet!

bwc4y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

this is great! cheers tom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hi.im.fred

fair play.. looks good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 susancollins

great job.....

Advertisement