Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem sending mail to Gmail accounts.

Options
  • 24-05-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A couple of weeks ago the charity I work for had a problem with spam being sent out from their domain. This was rectified but not before the ip was blacklisted. Once the infected machine was located and cleaned this blacklisting was removed. However, now we are unable to send mail to Google accounts. We get the following message back:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test1
    Sent: 24/05/2011 15:13

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

**********@gmail.com on 24/05/2011 15:13
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <Server01.******.headoffice.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that address is not in my list of allowed recipients (#5.7.1)>

I have confirmed that our MS Exchange q's as clean & not sending spam. I cannot find any info as to have our domain reinstated with google. This has been going on for over a week now.

Can anyone suggest how I can resolve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

First you should check if you are still blacklisted and by whom. You cam check at http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

Secondly, Is your exchange sending mail directly to gmail or is it going through the smtp server of your ISP.

Our server forwards all mail through eircom's server who in turn send it to gmail. If you send it through your ISP's servers that should spot you being blocked.

Shane

Advertisement