Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT ADVENTURE GROUP

Options
  • 24-05-2011 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Friends and I have set up an adventure group, just wondering what everyone thought? We go on weekends away and do general adventure challenges. We have gone scuba diving, boating, climbing, partying travelling, cycling etc.
    Anyone like to join us on some activity days.

BIGGER QUESTION

Our next trip is the climbing/hiking 4 peaks in 48hours which we are doing to raise funds with a charity, unfortunately we are down on numbers and are wondering if anyone would like to join us? It's a well planned, great craic weekend and a hell of a challenge.

Its happening the June Bank holiday, I will send on additional info to anyone interested. All we ask for is enthusiasm and if you could raise a few quid for the charity with us as all our transport, accom and food is provided.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Friends and I have set up an adventure group, just wondering what everyone thought? We go on weekends away and do general adventure challenges. We have gone scuba diving, boating, climbing, partying travelling, cycling etc.

BIGGER QUESTION

Our next trip is the climbing/hiking 4 peaks in 48hours which we are doing to raise funds with a charity, unfortunately we are down on numbers and are wondering if anyone would like to join us? It's a well planned, great craic weekend and a hell of a challenge.

Its happening the June Bank holiday, I will send on additional info to anyone interested. All we ask for is enthusiasm and if you could raise a few quid for the charity with us as all our transport, accom and food is provided.

Any takers?
    Oh god the thought of that even, makes me tired! :p

Good luck all the same though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

BIGGER QUESTION

Any takers?

Is this the wet and wild group?

http://wetandwildsports.com/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I would love to do this but doubt I'm in physical condition for it :o (also have that week off work so should be able to fit it in)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

aw I wish I could! I do I do! But I can assure you that I will be working, as the roster fairies in this place always make sure they have me working on a day when something cool will happen:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 activitymaster

Hahahaha Come on guys. If only my little fairies weren't merely men in super tight trousers they could possible deal with your work ones.

Kanoe, I would say sure we'll check out your physical fitness but you might misunderstand me. Em we have a 2 more training hikes running up to the event if your interested and well never underestimate yourself its a challenge for everybody.

Its all about pushing yourself having a laugh and the charity. And no Johnny we are not the Wet and Wild group, they look brilliant tho so thanks for the link. We are basically just a group of adventurous expanding friends. We haven't even got a name. The group is a mix of guys and girls.

and cheers for the Luck I think we are gonna need it, there is only so far red bull and bananas will take me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

gud stuff..eh..I'm fairly fit :P..or at least I used to be, I've just been on the bench for a month or two and waiting for doctors orders before I get back into the swing off things, just not sure I'd be ready in time for the charity trek. Have you a link to your group?

(edit:k no name for group..you should sort that out ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spottykatt

Sounds great-yay for adventure group!
    I'd be totally interested in the 4peaks.. I'm a gay chick, if you boys can cope with that? Also have a friend visiting that wkend, shes keen to if you have space for 2 bodies?

Advertisement