Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap two man tent?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Heading to Life festival this weekend and looking for a cheap two man tent that won't let the rain in and will be easy to pitch and take down. Budget of around 20-30 euro. Anyone got any ideas? I probably won't be able to order online because i left it so late. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

try tescos, they had some cheap there last week

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Or Halfords.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Heading to Life festival this weekend and looking for a cheap two man tent that won't let the rain in and will be easy to pitch and take down. Budget of around 20-30 euro. Anyone got any ideas? I probably won't be able to order online because i left it so late. Thanks for your help!

not gonna get a 2 man that will actually keep out rain for less than 60 in a shop imo

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Hi everyone,

you will get a tent here that will at least keep out the rain - http://www.omearacamping.com/category/Dome_Tents/Leisure_Dome_Tents,l.html?sortBy=PriceAsc
    the Meran 4 and Eclipse 2 are ok tents for the price you looking at! alot better then you will find in tescos or halfords mind you!

not gonna get a 2 man that will actually keep out rain for less than 60 in a shop imo
    yes i would say if your looking for something that is going to last and be a good tent you will need to look above tents like Meran 4 and Eclipse 2 some around 80e would be better but also if you get say the Eclipse 2 its around 40e just spray it with water proofer and it will be find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Hi everyone,

Here you go .... within budget ... easy pitch ... just open the bag ... 2000 hydrostatic head but may be prone to internal condensation .... word to the wise though ... if its for two people its better to get a three man tent unless you are very friendly with your tent mate ;)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401895/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/3|19719008|Camping|14419397/c_3/4|cat_14419397|Tents|14419414.htm

Have a good wkd ...

Andrew

Here you go .... within budget ... easy pitch ... just open the bag ... 2000 hydrostatic head but may be prone to internal condensation .... word to the wise though ... if its for two people its better to get a three man tent unless you are very friendly with your tent mate ;)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401895/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/3|19719008|Camping|14419397/c_3/4|cat_14419397|Tents|14419414.htm

Have a good wkd ...

Andrew
    not bad at all seen that its 1/2 price id go with that but get it fast! may sell out seen as its a good festival tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Whitehawk wrote: »
    not bad at all seen that its 1/2 price id go with that but get it fast! may sell out seen as its a good festival tent!

I'm sure it will be fine for a festival tent but just to be clear it is a single skin tent and will definitely have condensation on the inside. Most tents have some condensation on the inside but the inner mesh keeps it away from you. If this could be a problem for you then maybe you should spend another few bob and get a tent with an inner. If its for a festival I wouldn't spend too much though. If you do go with this pop up tent then leaving the door open a notch at night time will help.

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Have a good wkd ...

Andrew

I came on here looking for the same thing as the OP for the same festival:cool:...

Was going to get the "Pro Action 3 Man Torre Dome Tent" from Argos but after reading a few reviews it seems like it's not great in the rain so might go for the one you suggested instead as it's only slightly dearer. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Rambler's Way in Mary St have a two-skin tent for €30. 1500mm hydrostatic head, so should be perfectly fine for non-extreme consitions. Weighs about 2.5Kg.

Cheap enough to walk away from if the campsite turns into a quagmire too! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Thanks, went with the 3 man tent from Argos anyway. Just hope it doesn't p*ss rain all weekend now!!

rickyjb wrote: »
    Thanks, went with the 3 man tent from Argos anyway. Just hope it doesn't p*ss rain all weekend now!!
    if i was you id pick up a waterproof spray in some shop and give it a qucik coating just to be on the safe side!

Have a ball at Life. Was at it when it was in Gort. But my wife is not a fan of the camping thing, so we stayed in a BnB. Great weekend. It absolutely lashed rain!

Have a ball at Life. Was at it when it was in Gort. But my wife is not a fan of the camping thing, so we stayed in a BnB. Great weekend. It absolutely lashed rain!

Thanks, I intend to! Great start to the weekend weather wise so far nice and bright but I can't see it lasting too long.

Didn't get a chance to pick up any waterproof spray but I'm cautiously optimistic about the tent I got. And I have full wet gear for when I'm not in the tent so bring it on:D:cool:

Advertisement