Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Game] Dead Island

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Amazing. I can't wait to play this. (Plus, it's awesome that it's a woman kicking zombie ass :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

looks a little glitchy, but yeah still in development. I hope they polish up the melee combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This game is turning out to be completely different than I thought. It's looking really good. They seem to have catered for all zombie tastes with slow developing into fast zombies. I'm not normally gone on super zombies but in a game setting like this they're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Looks great. The initial cinematic was a tad misleading. It looks like its shaping up to be far cry with zombies. Which in itself is still unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

farcry +zombies + crafting + (i'm guessing) free to roam island = like.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I've been very disappointed by sandbox games, outside of the GTA series I can't really think of any good ones and I keep buying them hoping to come across something with the depth of GTA.

It could be just me though I also think some good games are getting to complicated and have lost the just jump in appeal of games around when I was growing up. I've been wanting to try out the zombie mod for arma2, but that game just takes up hours of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So, it's out in a week... Who's getting it?

I will be, and I'll be doing a Lets Play if anyones interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

preordered on steam, as well as spacemarine - oh happy days!

Just preordered it, it better be damned good.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Ore ordered that mofo. (9 pre orders before crimbo already...I need to be wise with cash...)
    Anyone getting this for ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dead Island, Fifa12, and GOW3 to arrive this month.

Rage and Batman:Arkham City to arrive next month.

Gonna be some serious time spent on the 360 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

MW3 UC3 BF3 the month after

I am stocking up on beans at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I just got around to ordering this online today, which I know deserves several lashes of the whip or whatever for taking my time, but I cannot wait to play this game. Looks incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

After getting the DLC recently, just wanted to post here to say that this game is an absolute must for Zombie fans - by far the most satisfying and rewarding zombie slaying game ever produced, incredibly violent and so open ended in terms of weapon use and crafting, improvisation, character development, and so much more - it's truly a work of genius. I've put 50 hours into it so far, and still play it for the sheer satisfaction of mashing zombies heads in with baseball bats, or decapitating them with Katanas....I could play forever. Already killed almost 5,000 zombies so far on the Island :)

I got a bit bored with it, once I finished the storey I lost interest that's nothing much against the game I'd be like that with most games.

I also lost the hammer that nun gives you so I'm rightly pissed off with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

cant wait to get this! theres also a walking dead videogame coming out soon, i bet itll be really good..love the show:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

bb1234567 wrote: »
    i bet itll be really good..love the show:)

9 out of 10 times, video games that are based off a movie/TV series are pure crap, development is often rushed to meet the release date of the movie, and so on. As awesome as The Walking Dead is, a videogame version is a definite rent-before-you-buy.

Advertisement