Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister subliminal messages flashed on UK TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

These are what the word highlighted in black spell out, if you remove some of the extraneous noise black words like "to" and "the"
    1) MIND BRAINWASHING SUBLIMINAL CONTROL PARANOID
    2) BREED WITH CAUTION TIME TO PANIC
    3) ELITE FLESH EMPOWERED TRUTH NOTHING
    4) FRIDGE ROTTEN WARM FOOD STINK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ad campagin for comedy channel

pfft, yeah right. Take a look around, can you not see the world is changing, economic disasters which have imprisoned most of the worlds population into a cycle of debt and/or unemployment, major earthquakes increasing with greater frequency, volcanic eruptions in Iceland, unprecedented unrest in the Middle East, a major focus point for world affairs since the Ancients, the decline of pax Americana, the extension of the Patriot Act, increasing limits on personal freedom, a move to the far right, significant resistance to austerity measures vis a vis considerable civil unrest and the fact that the elites are more than ever corrupt and salivacious for destruction!

Look at human history and you will see nothing is beyond them (elites) and they cloth their dark ambitions within a religious belief system revolving around power numbers. This generation of power thinks that they're the exception as did their ancestors before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

pfft, yeah right. Take a look around, can you not see the world is changing, economic disasters which have imprisoned most of the worlds population into a cycle of debt and/or unemployment, major earthquakes increasing with greater frequency, volcanic eruptions in Iceland, unprecedented unrest in the Middle East, a major focus point for world affairs since the Ancients, the decline of pax Americana, the extension of the Patriot Act, increasing limits on personal freedom, a move to the far right, significant resistance to austerity measures vis a vis considerable civil unrest and the fact that the elites are more than ever corrupt and salivacious for destruction!

Look at human history and you will see nothing is beyond them (elites) and they cloth their dark ambitions within a religious belief system revolving around power numbers. This generation of power thinks that they're the exception as did their ancestors before them.

son of a bitch you almost got me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

LOL. Innovative ad campaign more like. Anyone who watches CC will have seen these but not had enough time to read, for obvious reasons. They will have to have passed approval from whoever regulates ads in the different jurisdictions, so unless you think the ad regulators are allowing subliminal messaging onto our screens, there is no CT here.

Poe's law anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

What you've described is how the world has always been. Everybody since Adam has thought the world is getting worse. It hasn't. It's getting better and better.

Don't take my word for it though. Sit down and think about it - picture ordinary life for people all over the world at any point in history, and figure out what their concerns were, and what their opportunities were.

What you've described is how the world has always been. Everybody since Adam has thought the world is getting worse. It hasn't. It's getting better and better.

Don't take my word for it though. Sit down and think about it - picture ordinary life for people all over the world at any point in history, and figure out what their concerns were, and what their opportunities were.

go to any third world nation, then get back to me. The world is temporarily better in the West and some parts of the East in this era of fossil fuels. Basically a minority make life hell for a great number of people and they're usually authoritarians "who know best". If the world has always been this way, surely thats cause for concern? I mean it was significantly flawed then and its significantly flawed now, we shouldn't accept flaws.

go to any third world nation, then get back to me.
    I have been to a third world nation.
    The world is temporarily better in the West and some parts of the East in this era of fossil fuels.
    Temporary since when? 1000 BC? 5000 BC?
    Basically a minority make life hell for a great number of people and they're usually authoritarians "who know best".
    How so? How do they make it hell? Do you think that some people must be poor so that others can be rich?
    If the world has always been this way, surely thats cause for concern? I mean it was significantly flawed then and its significantly flawed now, we shouldn't accept flaws.
    Who do I write to about the earthquakes? :)

You are suffering, I think, from a lack of historical perspective. If you are interested in discussing this, please do me a favour and think about the thought experiment I outlined. Consider whether life was better for the average person 100, 200, 500, 1000 etc. years ago. Consider what problems they faced day-to-day, and the opportunities that they had.

Then we can talk about whether things have been getting better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

How so? How do they make it hell? Do you think that some people must be poor so that others can be rich?

You are suffering, I think, from a lack of historical perspective. If you are interested in discussing this, please do me a favour and think about the thought experiment I outlined. Consider whether life was better for the average person 100, 200, 500, 1000 etc. years ago. Consider what problems they faced day-to-day, and the opportunities that they had.

I actually thought he was taking the mickey, love the complaint about earthquakes, then mention of the patriot act in the next, as if they are somehow linked..

by a paper trail..

a mile long..

leading all the way...

to the White House!.. wait a second!.. Tillman.. the drought in Iran.. Strauss-Khan.. oh my goddd... how could I have been so blind! OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

robtri wrote: »
    ad campagin for comedy channel

Ads that sometimes pop up mid programme while folk are zombified?

PROGRAM !!
    <<<

Unrelated tidbit.:pac:
    A computer program (also a software program, or just a program) is a sequence of instructions written to perform a specified task for a computer.[1] A computer requires programs to function, typically executing the program's instructions in a central processor.[2] The program has an executable form that the computer can use directly to execute the instructions. The same program in its human-readable source code form, from which executable programs are derived (e.g., compiled), enables a programmer to study and develop its algorithms.

• Advertisement

By the way, I don't think there's any proof that subliminal messages actually work. Ah, I see in the advert they have connected it with the 'law of attraction'. Credibilty = zero.

Here is another one. Pause at 0:15 secs.

Tough military murder public satisfaction
    "it's tough being a dictator these days. you.ve always got to keep up appearances, but which look do you go for? the billowing white kaftan with the fancy hat? what if the people revolt? difficult to escape in that costume, there;s always the military uniform with the beret and the medals you've awarded yourself for large scale murder; a bit camp though; one things for sure, any half decent dictator wears sunglasses or if you're really special get someone else to dress up as you for public outings then you can sit at home in your pants eating a massive sandwich now that's job satisfaction"

By the way, I don't think there's any proof that subliminal messages actually work.

Yeah, I know. They are only paying $$$ to do this for fun. :pac:

Talk E wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. They are only paying millions to do this for fun. :pac:
    Who is paying millions? :confused:

I had a quick look on Google Scholar for info on subliminal messages - I can't see all the articles as I'm at home, but the ones I can open say that they have no effect.

Who is paying millions? :confused:

I had a quick look on Google Scholar for info on subliminal messages - I can't see all the articles as I'm at home, but the ones I can open say that they have no effect.

I edited my last post.

If subliminals dont work, you must assume that advertisement in general dont work either.

Why put up a coke billboard if it has no effect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

By the way, I don't think there's any proof that subliminal messages actually work. Ah, I see in the advert they have connected it with the 'law of attraction'. Credibilty = zero.

I don't know about subliminal messages but the law of attraction works. I've some personal evidence of that.

Ugh quotes quotes quotes I like 'em you like 'em, mmm yeah quotes!

Yeah, living in squalor in China, India, the African sub continent, the conditions for these people aren't much different from the misery suffered by the lower classes during the Feudal era Roman times or during the Industrial revolution. Ok now I know what you're probably thinking, hang on a second these cases completely differ and there are numerous examples or poor people living not so bad lives during the Roman era for example. But nonetheless the general shared theme is one of thankless struggle and much harder than the struggles most people face in the Western world atm.

I don't think that people have to be poor but try telling that to the people who run Goldman Sachs or the IMF. Power and authority, slavery, the need to subjegate others for ones own glory, a common theme among a certain type of human. I would also say its systematic too in that a corporation can flaunt all kinds of laws and exploit the local populace to retain their shareholders, in which case its just greed.

With regards to the West, the economic gains reaped by the industrial revolution and colonialism have meant that living standards have improved. But when resources dwindle and without proper alternatives this transitory technological boon we are experiencing will become a forgotten memory in about 4000 years. We have a window of opportunity to keep this technological revolution going but it will mean becoming a space faring culture and tapping into resources more sophisticated and infinitely more plentiful than the dead remains of animals.

All the things I have mentioned are connected. The world is becoming more volatile and this feedback loop is reflected in the existential code, human activity--->global warming---> the increased frequency of natural disasters---> the effect of these disasters on the collective subconscious of populaces around the world combined with a vicious exploitation by elites of the general public---> the rise of mob rule sentiment and the far right,--->the curtailment of civil liberties by elites with respect to perceived internal and external threats and a seemingly insoluble economic crisis which can only be knocked on its head by a massive all out War so that the key nations can realize who fruitless their debt squabbles were...yes every instance plays a part in the larger whole, like a doomed symphony.

The elites are part of a religious cabal, they built the georgia guidestones which lay down commandments for a future society to live by, namely their own. The rest of humanity will be wiped out in the upcoming war, leaving the resources for them. It will also be the perfect time to institute their totalitarian society founded upon their quackery religious beliefs, the survivors will be sheperded into a new slave class. They want this war to happen, hence why they're pursuing daft economic policies, creating volatility in the markets and p1ssing off the Arabs. If you want an example of what they believe in watch Lady Gagas Judas video, its all about demonic worship. It will be time when ethics are irrelevant and society will be built upon the philosophy of the ubersmench.

If subliminals dont work, you must assume that advertisement in general dont work either.
    Why?

That's a bit like saying 'if magic doesn't work, you must assume science doesn't work either'... :)

profitius wrote: »
    I don't know about subliminal messages but the law of attraction works. I've some personal evidence of that.
    Oh god. We'd better not get into that... :pac:

• Advertisement

Why?

That's a bit like saying 'if magic doesn't work, you must assume science doesn't work either'... :)

No it's not.:pac:

No it's not.:pac:
    Can you explain why believing that messages that people do not see cannot influence them is the same as believing that messages that people do see can influence them??

It's an odd position to take... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I edited my last post.

Why put up a coke billboard if it has no effect ?

The advertizing is working brilliantly by the looks of it. You're telling everyone about it aren't you? The suggestion of a subliminal message attracts the demographic they're looking for. Just the suggestion that there may be subliminal messages in it attracts people. I bet they are laughing since the conspiracy theorists are doing their work for them.

Make up an ad that people begin internet discussion threads on is good advertizing IMO, and it's certainly working.

Can you explain why believing that messages that people do not see cannot influence them is the same as believing that messages that people do see can influence them??

It's an odd position to take... :confused:

I'll let rowdy roddy piper answer that one :pac:

If you agree that an image of a product can influence someone, why wouldn't you accept the some highlighted words in a paragraph can have the same influence to the subconscious ?

It's well documented that that someone who is psychologically and or physically battered is easier to mind control.
    Americans today are certainly psychologically battered. It's also well known in mind control that certain words or any particular chosen keyword or action etc can be used to trigger a predetermined/programmed reaction.

I love that film!
    If you agree that an image of a product can influence someone, why wouldn't you accept the some highlighted words in a paragraph can have the same influence to the subconscious ?
    Because there is no evidence that I am aware of that subliminal messages are picked up the 'subconscious' at all (assuming that the subconscious actually exists - not everyone accepts Freud's interpretation of how the mind works).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Why does the OP say this is US television? Its comedy Central UK, even the vids are taken on sky boxes. Is it that the US makes it a more credible conspiracy theory? Maybe i'm reading too much into it. Perhaps I should start my own thread on my theories.
    "Usa man posts misleading Info"

I love that film!

Because there is no evidence that I am aware of that subliminal messages are picked up the 'subconscious' at all (assuming that the subconscious actually exists - not everyone accepts Freud's interpretation of how the mind works).

Me too, it's a classic :D

Evidence aside. What does your instinct tell you ?

zuroph wrote: »
    Why does the OP say this is US television? Its comedy Central UK, even the vids are taken on sky boxes.

Happy now ? :rolleyes:
    zuroph wrote: »
    Perhaps I should start my own thread on my theories.
    "Usa man posts misleading Info"

Don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Happy now ? :rolleyes:

Don't bother.

humourectomy went well then.

• Advertisement

Full version of They Live for anyone interested :pac:

One of the few full movies allowed on youtube for some reason :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement