Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Sex and the City on Comedy Central

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

No-one finds it funny, fair enough ALOT of women like it, but its not comedy ffs!
    I know the other shows on comedy central arent funny either, but at least they try!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Who cares?

Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some of it's funny

Particularly the cliched camp homosexuals and the ott sex scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Who cares?

Honestly.

Just a thought, jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Ring Adrian Kennedy on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Who cares?

This. I just dig out the boxsets when i want to watch it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

lee evans isn't funny either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The joke is that women now think orgasm's are achievable every time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Meh, it has its moments.

Just change the station if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Maybe they have SATC on because it is a tragic comedy??

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    No-one finds it funny, fair enough ALOT of women like it, but its not comedy ffs!
    I know the other shows on comedy central arent funny either, but at least they try!

Yes its comedy.The Sopranos isn't comedy but this is meant to be.However too many women took S&TC too seriously and used the characters in it as templates for their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Owldshtok wrote: »
    However too many women took S&TC too seriously and used the characters in it as templates for their lives.

I know one or two of the aul' whores. Modern women my arse. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Yes its comedy.The Sopranos isn't comedy but this is meant to be.However too many women took S&TC too seriously and used the characters in it as templates for their lives.

Would it be correct to say "art imitating life, imitating art, imitating life"

;)

To my shame Ive seen a fair few episodes, I watch it in a mild state of disgust (thats a habit of mine, I watch stuff that annoys me, e.g. flicking through the channels, see an ad I hate, Ill watch it)
    I always laugh at the rhetorical questions she asks herself, the ones that scroll across her computer screen
    "Is new york the woman, or the woman new york?"
    very poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Would it be correct to say "art imitating life, imitating art, imitating life"

;)

:) Yeah but too much imitating in the end looses the reality altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

To my shame Ive seen a fair few episodes, I watch it in a mild state of disgust (thats a habit of mine, I watch stuff that annoys me, e.g. flicking through the channels, see an ad I hate, Ill watch it)
    I always laugh at the rhetorical questions she asks herself, the ones that scroll across her computer screen
    "Is new york the woman, or the woman new york?"
    very poor quality

It's shambolic. I often wonder is ferris bueller going to take another day off from being with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

No, it's not funny, and it doesn't belong on CC. I was dragged along to a movie of it as a it was a family members birthday, and was getting some heat over not wanting to go. It.. was... painful.

I think what is being tried for was empowered, independent women, all I saw was neurotic and needy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think its hilarious, it so retarded

Abi wrote: »
    No, it's not funny, and it doesn't belong on CC. I was dragged along to a movie of it as a it was a family members birthday, and was getting some heat over not wanting to go. It.. was... painful.

I think what is being tried for was empowered, independent women, all I saw was neurotic and needy.

I saw an episode where she cheated on her fella, then he apoligised to her and they stayed together........ Ill never forget that, it just dosnt make sense

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

3 whores and their mom. Some show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have never watched it, not even a minute :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I saw an episode where she cheated on her fella, then he apoligised to her and they stayed together........ Ill never forget that, it just dosnt make sense

Which one was that... the horse, the prude, the ditch pig, or the one with the port tunnel fanny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

because its a tv show and comedy central is a tv channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's about as funny as those loud, obnoxious American stand up comedians that they show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yakult wrote: »
    3 whores and their mom. Some show alright.

3 whores and their horse fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

If we start listing things that aren't funny on comedy central, well, we could be here for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its a Dramedy like entourage which is a comedy and a drama mixed with each other its post to be funny and a story at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Its a Dramedy like entourage which is a comedy and a drama mixed with each other its post to be funny and a story at the same time

Did you just refer to that horseshít in the same sentence as Entourage? Shame on you:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use TV forum for TV discussions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement