Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Lotto Scam

Options
  • 23-05-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭

Got a text about an hour ago, plainly obvious scam, don't know where else to post it.

Came from +447864389427, can't find anything on the internet for it.

Message body:

YOUR MOBILE NO WITH TICKET NO 501120 HAS WON 720,000 POUNDS ON THE FREELOTTO MOBILE PROMO FOR CLAIMS EMAIL: freeukpr@live.co.uk YOUR (FULL NAMES & MOBILE NO)

Just a heads up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

Try letting them know at consumerconnect.ie also. Thanks for letting us know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have to say its a very worrying state of affairs if somebody falls for something so bloody obvious, but then greed makes people do some very very stupid things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Does anyone gets caught by these scams these days? - Every day, I must be told I've won at least €20m from different mails. I may pass them on to Enda - we'll have our national debt paid off in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I got an email with the same story about my email being selected and the prize was the exactsame amount of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

maxer68 wrote: »
    Does anyone gets caught by these scams these days? - Every day, I must be told I've won at least €20m from different mails. .

nigerianprince.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Security forum

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenlevey

I also received the same message but the no. was 0044 7875467215. The same amt. of money as well as the same claim code of 501120. I looked up the phone no. on "callwiki.com" and it appears to be a Puerto Rico no. discounting the 0044 code.The company listed at this no. is the "suncom wireless operating co." based in Aguadilla PR. The previous post, the phone no. appears to have come from the Miami area. Has anyone any idea what their angle is here as the website does not exist? Also are these people targeting any particular mobile provider. I am a Meteor customer.

Jen
    Limerick

Advertisement