Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT vs Crumlin on Fashion Buying course

Options
  • 23-05-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,
    Regarding the Retail Industry in Ireland, could someone advise me if it would matter that I studied the course Fashion Buying & Merchandising at Crumlin College of Further Education or at Dublin Institute of Technology?
    Obviously, DIT fees are so expensive in compare to Crumin (or even Portobello), but when I apply for a job somewhere, would make a difference?

Thanks
    Isabel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Stateofyerwan

Hi Isabel

I have applied for the DIT course but the fees are a huge issue for me and I will not qualify for a grant. It looks really geared towards placing people in work (with the 6 week internship period).

Did you get any helpful feedback from anyone?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Isabelita

Hi Isabel

I have applied for the DIT course but the fees are a huge issue for me and I will not qualify for a grant. It looks really geared towards placing people in work (with the 6 week internship period).

Thanks
    Hello State,
    Actually, I am currently studying at Portobello Institute. I applied when they had the 500eur discount so paid 4.2k
    I met a couple of weeks ago a girl that studied at DIT and she said it was so overpriced. she could not understand where the 10k went! That was a year ago and they had only 8hrs a week. So far, I really ike it at Portobello but 4k is still a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Stateofyerwan

Isabelita wrote: »
    Hi Isabel

Thanks
    Hello State,
    Actually, I am currently studying at Portobello Institute. I applied when they had the 500eur discount so paid 4.2k
    I met a couple of weeks ago a girl that studied at DIT and she said it was so overpriced. she could not understand where the 10k went! That was a year ago and they had only 8hrs a week. So far, I really ike it at Portobello but 4k is still a bit[/Quot

Thanks for that feedback
    I am also hearing that if u can get a foot in the door it would be better than doing a course but I guess that isn't so easy. I think it is 10k because it is Hetac level 9 so highest qual u can get. Would be interesting to hear if ppl all got jobs out of it as they have 6 week internship. How is portobello going for u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dekaturr

its wonderfool +100500

Advertisement