Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRT Considering Monaco Diffuser protest..!!

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭

This could change things around a bit :P

Hispania Racing may lodge a protest against teams using blown diffusers at next weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix, team boss Colin Kolles has revealed. The technique being utilised allows for exhaust gases to continually flow over a car’s diffuser when a driver is off-throttle, something Kolles believes is illegal and should be banned.

Full story here. gpupdate.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lol @ Christian Horner's response
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said he was surprised to hear of the intended protest.

Horner said: "I would have thought he [Kolles] had bigger issues than an exhaust blowing at the minute."

Hispania are bottom of the constructors' world championship

But surely a team would have to rebuild almost their entire floor, exhaust system etc... possibly even their entire car. Ludicrous at this stage of the season tbh, especially with no testing.

I think Hispania even being in the sport is farcical. They contribute sweet f.a to the sport, apart from being a moving chicane, but thats a debate for another day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Without the 107% rule they likely wouldn't give a toss, but with the rule in place it changes things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

What kind of a protest would Hispania be likely to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

What kind of a protest would Hispania be likely to make?

A go slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

EnterNow wrote: »
    Without the 107% rule they likely wouldn't give a toss, but with the rule in place it changes things.

i hadnt looked at it that way,But now that you mention it they could have a valid point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

A go slow sit down.

FYP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I can only see HRT causing an accident over the weekend. They may be a little closer to the fastest time though, the HRT isn't too bad in slow corners

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think the 107% rule might be waived over the next while until they sort out the off throttle blown diffuser issue.

Advertisement