Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a beer?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

I tried blue moon beer few nights ago,I enjoyed it and searched the forum and it was being insulted so I got to ask for recommendation of a similar but superior beer!

I'd need to be able to pick it up in dublin city centre off license
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ronano wrote: »
    I tried blue moon beer few nights ago,I enjoyed it and searched the forum and it was being insulted so I got to ask for recommendation of a similar but superior beer!

I'd need to be able to pick it up in dublin city centre off license
    Hoegaarden is similar but superior, and available in most well-stocked supermarkets and off-licenses (including Tesco).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭ronano

bham! i'll try it tomorrow thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I enjoyed it and searched the forum and it was being insulted
    That's no reason not to drink it again if you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm not really one for diluting beer with other drinks, but I was recently in a 'mexican-esque' restaurant in Dundrum, where my bottle of blue-moon was served in a glass with about a half-inch of freshly squeezed orange juice. It was delicious. Reminded me very much of a pint of Smiling Pumpkin Ale, I had in in the Heartland Brewery a brew-pub in New York last year.

BeerNut wrote: »
    That's no reason not to drink it again if you enjoyed it.

I was posting from a phone so post was pretty crappy but i'd defo drink it again! I tried hoegaarden,i liked it allot but still preferred blue moon. If anyone sees it about let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I was posting from a phone so post was pretty crappy but i'd defo drink it again! I tried hoegaarden,i liked it allot but still preferred blue moon. If anyone sees it about let me know :)

Drinkstore in Stoneybatter have it, that's not too far from Dublin City Centre I don't think. A similar style beer to try would be St. Bernardus Wit, which they also stock.

i'll hopefully get both tomorrow

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I think Lech is well tasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

If you like wheat beer try Franziskaner, tesco and superquinn seem to have it most of the time now.

The big champagne styles bottles of leffe "brune" are also very nice.

Advertisement