Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio Points- Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 22-05-2011 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey there, I got 450 points for my portfolio in dun laoghaire and I'm not too sure if its considered a good thing or a bad thing. The points are out of 600 and you need like over 200 to past, but is 450 what most people get? I'm just curious as to how well i did because no one i know is going to iadt. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

That really depends on what course you've applied for..

The Tv/film production seems to have an almighty demand for it, so, naturally, the portfolio points would be higher for entry there, etc.

Maybe have a ask around in the IADT forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shacla

Hey I got 450 for photography and Im on the same boat...dont know whether its good or not I dont know anyone who applied for photography :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

beware,

well look if you're worried about being able to get in fair enough but let me just tell you those points are in no way an indication of where you will rank amongst your peers in the course for the reason that in first year the tutor went around "privately" to everyone while working asking what points they got in their portfolio I was surprised that the people who got high points or even top points over the last three years did not turn out to be top students

if you have 450 you should have enough to get in depending on the number of people applying for the course

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

The three people I know who went for it (My ex, my best friend and another classmate) all got 600 points. Bearing in mind, one of them is Young Irish Filmmaker of the year. Two of them were going for Film and my ex was doing some artsy ****. Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aeclipse

Yeah? Thanks! I applied for the Design For Stage and Screen course. I'm hoping what you said is true! I'll try not to worry too much lol :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement