Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Doubles used for Royal Visit?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭

I heard a rumour the other day to the effect that the "Royal" visit was in fact a body double visit. The queen is nowhere near as sprightly as to be able to jump around the Garden of Remembrance and Philip has been in a wheelchair in Buckingham Palace for the last 18 months. The real reason for all the security was not because of worry about personal security but because they did not want ordinary people getting too close and spotting what was a ready up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

I dont buy it. I took an up close picture of her and he and it was definitely them...

queen_spitting_image.jpg

lf?source=url%5Bfile%3Aimages%2Finetpub%2Fnewnames%2F300%2F2%2F7%2F4%2F7%2F2747114.jpg%5D%2Ccontinueonerror%5Btrue%5D&scale=size%5B450x2000%5D%2Coptions%5Blimit%5D&source=url%5Bfile%3Aimages%2Finetpub%2Fwebuse%2Fno_image_available.gif%5D%2Cif%5B%28%27global.source.error%27%29%5D&sink=preservemd%5Btrue%5D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The real reason for all the security was not because of worry about personal security but because they did not want ordinary people getting too close and spotting what was a ready up.
    Ah yes. Randomers from Ireland might spot they were phonies from across the street, but the British press wouldn't be able to spot it from thousands of close-up photos, and video? :)

I think he was just testing if any of the CT loonies would go for it.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Ah yes. Randomers from Ireland might spot they were phonies from across the street, but the British press wouldn't be able to spot it from thousands of close-up photos, and video? :)

The British press know better than to let the cat out of the bag. There is always some owner or editor looking for a knighthood. Do you think Sir xxx is going to screw his chances of another invitation to Buck House over some second rate actors being palmed off on the Oirish.

The British press know better than to let the cat out of the bag. There is always some owner or editor looking for a knighthood. Do you think Sir xxx is going to screw his chances of another invitation to Buck House over some second rate actors being palmed off on the Oirish.
    Where's the five-mullah facepalm when you need it? :confused:

:)

• Advertisement

Where's the five-mullah facepalm when you need it? :confused:

:)

This will have to suffice :D

482.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I think it was all done in a desert in Arizona, it was a dry run for the real visit next year. (Enda: 'she said she would like to come back')
    They had to test if the Southern royalists would drown out the real Irish with Hooray's?.
    It worked, she'll be back in the Viceregal Aras next year with the whole clan! Mark my words, Charles was seen going to Irish lessons in Camden Town last week. It's true, I'm telling yis!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    They had to test if the Southern royalists would drown out the real Irish with Hooray's?.
    It worked
    To be honest, that's classic George Bush logic right there. 'If you're not with me, you're against me'. You're not really Irish if you weren't hurling abuse at an 85 year-old woman on a state visit.

Fair enough. I'll take Irish royalists over Irish terrorists any day.

To be honest, that's classic George Bush logic right there. 'If you're not with me, you're against me'. You're not really Irish if you weren't hurling abuse at an 85 year-old woman on a state visit.

Fair enough. I'll take Irish royalists over Irish terrorists any day.

In other news, it's also reported that Prince Philip stole our sense of humour.:rolleyes:

Happyman42 wrote: »
    In other news, it's also reported that Prince Philip stole our sense of humour.:rolleyes:
    Well that fits in better with the '800 years of oppression' narrative I guess.

• Advertisement

Well that fits in better with the '800 years of oppression' narrative I guess.

Any bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I hear ya. She was a lovely lady to talk to but once you got up close, somethingn seemed a little off..................

fatherqueentag.jpg

Advertisement