Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overheard in Dublin again!

Options
  • 22-05-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just two funnies I witnessed myself in Dublin city centre.

Was waiting at the old 19/19A Bus Stop at top of O'Connell street one evening. Heap of townies came out of a teenage disco that just finished in Ambassador theatre and there was a big crowd of them waiting for the bus back to Ballymun. Anyway, a white stretch limo came rolling up O'Connell street. It was full of twenty something year old girls, dressed to impress, sipping champagne and all the windows down just to make sure they got everyone's attention, which they did! So the limo rolls to a stop in heavy traffic at a red traffic light and everyone is looking at them. Next thing we all saw one of the townies walking across one lane of stopped traffic, calmly as you like, over to the limo and says to girls "Howayaz girls? Yer not headin up ta Ballymun by any chance?"
    There was literally 50 people rolling round O'Connell street in laughter as the girls all rolled the windows up and the townie trots back to the bus stop happy with his days achievement :D

Another day I was walking down Parnell street from the Woolshed pub towards O'Connell street with the missus. There was two townie women walking in front of us with their 4 or 5 year old daughter who was on a sugar high it seemed. They were waiting to cross the road over to the pedestrian island and the young kid kept threatening to run across the road despite all the traffic. Kid kept shouting "Ready!......Steady!.....Go!" before the mother grabbed her and told her "Wait for the green man!"
    But the kid kept at it.
    "Ready!......Steady!.....Go!"
    "No not yet!"
    "Stop would ye! Give it a rest!"
    To which the mother finally replies,
    "For **** sake!.....Ready, Steady, Smack of a car more like!" :D

Advertisement