Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave brownie recipe!

Options
  • 22-05-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

In a cup mix:

2 spoons water
    2 spoons oil
    2 spoons flour
    2 spoons cocoa powder
    3 spoons sugar
    pinch coffee powder

Microwave on full power for aprox 1 min.

Yummy with a dollop of vanilla icecream!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Can you clarify quantities? "Spoon" is completely ambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 3roken

tablespoon... but it'd work with any size, you'd just need to adjust the cooking time

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Hm.. I don't trust in microwave recipes. But this one might work. at least one can try with a smaller ammount of ingredients so that in case it's not working, it's not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote: »
    Can you clarify quantities? "Spoon" is completely ambiguous.
    But as everything (bar the pinch) is in this unit it can be scaled, if it was a spoon of sugar and 20g of flour you have problems. The time would be an issue, but it always is with microwaves. Sort of off topic I heard some tesco microwave meals now have an airtight seal with a whistle that goes off to indicate it is done, i.e. steam must be blasting out the whistle.

I have heard of these single cup microwave cake recipes before. A tip for more even heating would might be to preheat a thick mug with boiling water in the microwave first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

I made these out of curiosity one time and they were gorgeous. More like fudge than brownies but everyone loved them! This recipe is quiet small but you can just double it up if you want more :) worth a try in my opinion, it's quick and easy!

Recipe:

2 cups of choc chips ( or I used buttons )
    14 oz sweetened condensed milk
    2 teaspoons if vanilla extract
    1 cup of mini marshmellows.

Mix the choc and the milk into a bowl,
    And microwave for around 2-3 minutes.
    Stir it occasionally and keep an eye on it.
    Stir in the vanilla then and fold in the marshmallows.
    Put into a cake tin or brownie tin.
    Leave to cool until it hardens and becomes like a chewy fudge brownie:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement