Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find stock images?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 2:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I need to find about 6 really nice good quality images for a jquery slider on the front page of a website. They have to signify professional business, growth, networking, success etc.

I don't mind paying a few euro for each - but free is nice too. What sites are good for finding good stock images?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

istockphoto is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Dreamstime is good and inexpensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

+1 for istockphoto

Lots of photos and most are pretty inexpensive, especially if you're using web-resolution versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could you not take the pic yourself - I don't know what a "jquery slider" is but cant be too hard to take an image of it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

PCPhoto wrote: »
    could you not take the pic yourself - I don't know what a "jquery slider" is but cant be too hard to take an image of it ?

Alt-PrtScr would probably work, but that wasn't the question.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry a jquery slider is a little image slider on a web page that just rotates a set number of images with a nice smooth transition.

I looked on a few sites like istockphoto but they want you to buy credits etc and its not cheap! I remember years ago seeing sites where all the images are only a couple of dollars depending on the size. I only need small images around the 1024x768 mark.

I saw sxc.hu but the quality and selectiuon is not great all they seem to want to do is push you to iStockphoto.

Any others worth a look?
    Thanks

Advertisement