Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumplings

Options
  • 22-05-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm looking for a Chinese takeaway in Dublin 8 or thereabouts that does decent dumplings. Anyone have any recommendations? They're not the most liked food over here so they're somewhat hard to get a hold of. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I'm looking for a Chinese takeaway in Dublin 8 or thereabouts that does decent dumplings. Anyone have any recommendations? They're not the most liked food over here so they're somewhat hard to get a hold of. Thanks.

i just buy them frozen in the chinese supermarket and have them whenever i fancy them tbh. which also means i can eat dozens of them for a few euros rather than 5 for 5 euros from the takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Are they nice from the chinese supermarket? How do you cook them?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

i just buy them frozen in the chinese supermarket and have them whenever i fancy them tbh. which also means i can eat dozens of them for a few euros rather than 5 for 5 euros from the takeaway.

Yeah I've done that before. They're not bad but I kind of like having them delivered to me. I guess I'm just lazy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

sillymoo wrote: »
    Are they nice from the chinese supermarket? How do you cook them?

delicious!! just as good as the ones you get from the takeaway as they buy them in bulk from these supermarkets.

there are the two main types. the white translucent ones filled with prawns or other seafood, which you just steam, and the bigger ones filled with pork, etc.. which you boil for a few minutes. you can then eat them like that, or what i do is put them in a pan with a bit of oil to give them a bit of colour and crunch.

there are loads of brands and varieties, so it's worth trying different ones. they're all good but some are better than others.

i think make a sweet chili sauce and dunk em in it!!!:D

Advertisement