Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i have to give a months notice

Options
  • 21-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Im work in a finance job which i signed a contract a few weeks ago.It says on the contract I have to give a months notice.what would happen if i only gave a week or two notice,would i get a reference or would it look bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

fire_man wrote: »
    Im work in a finance job which i signed a contract a few weeks ago.It says on the contract I have to give a months notice.what would happen if i only gave a week or two notice,would i get a reference or would it look bad?

If you've only started they probably won't want to give you a full month's pay and will be only too happy to take shorter notice.

If you're talking about down the line.. one month's notice is standard. Any shorter should only be by agreement. They will give a bad reference (over the phone, obviously) if you leave them in the lurch or leave on bad terms.

Advertisement