Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me!

Options
  • 21-05-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I turned off the option for Facebook to remember my password (by accident) and I have no idea how to get it back, it's quite annoying.
    I would really appreciate it if someone could help me and I think if anyone can, you guys can! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Under the log-in field on Facebook click the link for 'Forgot Your Password ?' if you cant remember it .

If you remember the password and just want your browser to remember it next time you log in tick the box directly under the email portion of the login for 'Keep me logged in' .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janja93

Keep me logged in just keeps you logged in if you move away from the page for a while I think. It doesn't remember your password. What I'm looking for is for my password to be entered automatically after I write in my email. Any suggestions?
    Thanks btw :)

In Internet Explorer click Tools/Internet Options/Content . Click Settings for Auto-Complete and check the box for prompting to save password - In IE9 you'd want to check both items under Forms . Earlier versions may be worded differently but same thing really .

If a different browser I'd expect the paths to be pretty similar ..

Firefox, I couldnt find anything :/

Tools/Options/Security . Is Remember passwords for sites checked ? Also check that facebook isnt in the Exceptions list (button to right in that dialogue box) .

• Advertisement

Yep, and I tried unchecking it and checking it again. Not a happy camper :p

lol ! Is there a password for facebook in the saved passwords list ?

When unchecking/re-checking the 'Remember passwords ..' did you restart Firefox between steps ? You'd probably need to do so for each change to be implemented .

Nah, nothing..

I'm all out of ideas then , I'm afraid - I just told Firefox to Never remember a pw for a site and the site appeared in Exceptions as it should . Removed the site from there and it prompted me to remember password again so I'm at a loss as to whats happening in your case .. sorry :o

Oh well, thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

VICTORY!

Went to 'run' and ran 'firefox.exe -p' to start a new profile.
    This deleted all my old bookmarks and stuff but I can get them back fairly easily.

Advertisement