Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamma 6 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 21-05-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody watching this? Its live on the Syfy channel
    The Frank Trigg fight just ended a min ago and he was dominant throughout. TKO 1st round (doctor stoppage) Really impressive performance.
    The main event is Tom Watson v Murilo Rua (Shoguns older brother) Should be a decent scrap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Main event starting now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Yikes Rua was absolutely demolished there. That was hard to watch at the end.

Yeah that was a brutal finish. Hat off to Rua for continuing on. His left leg was useless for most of the fight. It looked like he had two kneecaps!
    Great display from Watson though. He completely dominated the fight from the beginning and well deserved the win.

Main card results:

Tom Watson def. Murilo Rua via knockout in round three

Frank Trigg def. John Phillips via TKO (doctor stoppage for cuts) in round 1

Matt Ewin def. Ivan Salaverry via unanimous decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Absolutely, Trigg will be a poor opponent for him I think if that's who he ends up fighting. Rua has some decent wins and is a much higher pedigree than Alex Reid.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Watson again. Maybe Daley should step up seeing as he was overweight for his last BAMMA Welterweight fight, it would be a good striking matchup.

• Advertisement

Now that would be a fight I'd love to see (Daley).
    Trigg said he would fight Watson but tbh I think Watson would be a step too far for Trigg. As much as I like Trigg I think it would prob retire him

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Last two fights were very good, the under card looked to have a few good fights on it too. Looking forward to seeing Leonardo Santos and Shane Omer fights if videos are released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Absolutely, Trigg will be a poor opponent for him I think if that's who he ends up fighting. Rua has some decent wins and is a much higher pedigree than Alex Reid.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Watson again. Maybe Daley should step up seeing as he was overweight for his last BAMMA Welterweight fight, it would be a good striking matchup.

Daley would smash him.Watson has zero punching power and wins fights on work ethic and good cardio.
    BAMMA want to keep Wastson the champ so I doubt Trigg will get a shot either.

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    Daley would smash him.Watson has zero punching power and wins fights on work ethic and good cardio.
    BAMMA want to keep Wastson the champ so I doubt Trigg will get a shot either.

Tom usually does part of his camp with Daley in Holland so I can't see them fighting each other. I see Trigg as an ideal opponent for him. He has two fights left with BAMMA. He needs to learn how to fight wrestlers if he's ever gonna sign with the UFC and Trigg is the perfect guy for him to fight to gradually progress that skill. A lot of people give him slack for not fighting wrestlers but he trains with Brian Stann every day so I reckon he'd fare better than most people would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bodie Broadus

thats ninja never getting in the ufc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

thats ninja never getting in the ufc!

Ninja is washed up and has been for years.He's a journey man at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ninja announced his retirement after the fight anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is there going to be a replay? I was watching Super Kombat on Eurosport last night.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a replay? I was watching Super Kombat on Eurosport last night.

Its repeated again at 10pm on Tuesday on the Syfy channel. I'm not sure if its on any other time between now and then though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Its repeated again at 10pm on Tuesday on the Syfy channel. I'm not sure if its on any other time between now and then though.

Thanks Dean. I'll be sure to catch it this time.

http://blip.tv/jitstu3/joao-paulo-tuba-de-souza-vs-valentino-petrescu-5192971

There is the Valentino Petrescu Vs De Souza fight. Huge fan of all TSG fighters, great camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Stupid move by White Mike Tyson to not get greased up to the face, Trigg cut him up big time. Not that i think the result would be any better but maybe the cuts wouldnt have opened as easy.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

wow, Tom watson looks legit, ****ing pummelled poor auld ninja.
    Guess he knows how his brother feels now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tom Watson just proved to every mma judge that leg kicks do finish fights.

Advertisement