Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from bottles to draft

Options
  • 21-05-2011 8:43pm

Hi i am a miller and coors bottle drinker and going to switch to draft any recommendations;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

In my opinion you'd benefit more from switching beers than switching serving methods. Maybe try a nice ale brewed by one of the smaller Irish breweries? Dungarvan Helvick Gold would be a huge step up from those two, in either bottled or draught form, but still easy drinking if you're used to the rather tasteless American macros.

Edit: Just saw you're in Donegal, you might not be able to get it up there (not sure).
    So maybe try some of the O'Hara's range?

Mo14 wrote: »
    In my opinion you'd benefit more from switching beers than switching serving methods. Maybe try a nice ale brewed by one of the smaller Irish breweries? Dungarvan Helvick Gold would be a huge step up from those two, in either bottled or draught form, but still easy drinking if you're used to the rather tasteless American macros.

Edit: Just saw you're in Donegal, you might not be able to get it up there (not sure).
    So maybe try some of the O'Hara's range?
    thanks any other suggestions as in my local they don't sell that.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

thanks any other suggestions as in my local they don't sell that.
    Ahh we're talking a local pub here? Unfortunately most pubs in Ireland sell the same old stuff, all tastes the same to me. When I'm in a pub that doesn't sell decent beers I go for Guinness or Smithwicks, both of these will be a slight step up from the watery lagers. Another to look out for would be paulaner, a quite a nice wheat beer, and is often on tap or in bottles in a lot of pubs.
    Best thing to do really is try all them out and see what you like.

Mo14 wrote: »
    Ahh we're talking a local pub here? Unfortunately most pubs in Ireland sell the same old stuff, all tastes the same to me. When I'm in a pub that doesn't sell decent beers I go for Guinness or Smithwicks, both of these will be a slight step up from the watery lagers. Another to look out for would be paulaner, a quite a nice wheat beer, and is often on tap or in bottles in a lot of pubs.
    Best thing to do really is try all them out and see what you like.
    Might give Smithwicks a shot for a change anything is better than miller and coors :)

Advertisement