Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding after m/c

Options
  • 21-05-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I appreciate this may be a sensitive subject so please bear with me.

I was not on the pill and was seeing a guy for the last 3 months, sleeping together using a condom.

I went back on the pill after a 2 month break (doc said it was fine) and started new pack on the first day of my cycle.

I bled as normal for a week and then it tapered off and I figured it was breakthrough bleeding as this happened the last time I went on the pill.

About 2 weeks ago (3 weeks from starting pill again) I started bleeding really heavily out of nowhere, am going through 4 orange tampax a day now and there's just so much blood and huge clots as well.

I told one of my friends who m/c'd at 6 weeks and she says that's what happened to her and I asked another friend who is a nurse and she said it sounded like a m/c as well.

I have fcuk all money and live at home and it's not an option for me to go to the doc at the moment (literally have about 10 euro to my name, not on the medical card and Ma watches me like a hawk even though I'm 23).

I can't think of any dodgy incidents or anything but you never know. If I did m/c which I think I am, will the bleeding just stop of it's own accord? I would estimate I was at about 5 or 6 weeks if I did.

Sorry for the overdose of information, I'm just totally on my own and scared shítless.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*mod notice*

Please do not give out medical information but if you know of somewhere that this girl can get help with her situation can you please give her that information.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

If you're that broke, could you get some friends to lend you the money to see a doctor, or ask your nurse friend to help you get medical attention?

I know some people don't like leaning on friends for money or favours, but it is an exceptional situation, and most good friends would understand and try to help out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Maybe you could phone your GP for some advice and he could tell you if it's really necessary to visit. Or some where like positive options or cura could help.

I know that when i changed around my contraception my body would go haywire for a while and then settle down. It would be unusual to get a start a cycle normally if you were pregnant, but it would be best to get checked out just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

this does sound like a miscarriage but because its so early your body will be able to clear out the womb itself . a lot of really heavy periods are actually very early miscarraiges . if still bleeding heavily after two weeks go to doc who will send you for a d n c .also start taking an iron tablet to keep levels up. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

this does sound like a miscarriage but because its so early your body will be able to clear out the womb itself . a lot of really heavy periods are actually very early miscarraiges . if still bleeding heavily after two weeks go to doc who will send you for a d n c .also start taking an iron tablet to keep levels up. hope this helps

D and C. As in Dilation and Curettage. Sorry for being pedantic but that error drives me silly.

Also, an early miscarriage does not ensure that body will be able to take care of things itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi,As far as im aware medical care in pregnancy is free wheather u have a medical card or not, so i take this to mean if you are pregnant or have miscarried you can see your GP, in confidence, for free. You could also try calling somewhere like positive options or cura or another pregnancy crisis information line for info. If you are bleeding heavilly and believe you are miscarrying then maybe you should go to the hospital and get checked? they dont look for money from you when u go into emergency, they send u a bill a few weeks afterwards. But if you went to the rotunda or another materity hospital, they would not send you a bill. I understand your worried about money, or lack of it, but dont let this stop you from seeking medical advice. Its just not worth it. With a m/c you cant just wait for bleeding to stop, you need medical attention. You may also need a d & c , which is a procedure which basically cleans your womb out. I noticed in another post that the poster said if you werent far along your body will clean itself out, but im not to sure about this as everyone is different and iv known 2 people who were 6 and 8 weeks pregnant when they miscarried and they had to have a d&c.
    So Get in touch with a crisis pregnancy orginastion and they will be able to advise you on where you can go to be treated and if it will be free or how much it will cost. Try google for their contact informations. Or im sure your friend who is a nurse would know where you could go for medical advice and how much it would cost or if its free. Best of luck and please dont leave this hoping it will get better or go away as if you are bleeding heavily and bleeding clots, you need medical advice/attention. Take care

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Folks I am closing this thread as I feel that the question has been answered.

OP- If you ring any of the maternity hospitals and speak to them they can help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement