Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishops Finger Ale

Options
  • 21-05-2011 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

My tasty cheap batch of Bishops Finger Ale from lidl is depleted. :(

I am just wondering if anyone has/tried a clone recipe for Bishops Finger? Preferably from an ale kit basis as I be a newbie to brewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Snake Doctor

I'm pretty new to the brewing myself mate and I'd be an ale man myself (hobgobling usually). I did a Coopers Dark Ale a few weeks back and it turned out lovely...have another one in the fermentor as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Cheers for the ale recommendation. Did you use a specific coppers brew a enhancer kit or did you use your own mix sugar/malt/etc as a primer?

Have you tried the Black Rock Nut Brown Ale, just sounds good.

I just used 1 kg of amber spraymalt and 300g of brewing sugar and then the carb drops when bottling - and the ale was lovely after about 3 weeks in the bottle. The current batch I'm doing has the dark spraymalt instead of amber and I've thrown in a tin of black treacle to see what happens!

Only done 4 brews to date but I've seen the Blackrock Nut Brown and its on my to do list for sure (that and the Blackrock Miners Stout). The next ale I'll try will probably be the Woodfordes Wherry , which by all accounts, is a legendary kit altogether...

Just a quick update on the treacle ale - its been in the bottles for about three weeks now and I had a few last night - WOW! Amazing stuff - great head retention, lovely full flavour (with a hint of banoffie pie or butterscotch (??!!)...highly recommended... :)

Advertisement