Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubular Tyre Repair - 99% there!

Options
  • 21-05-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've finally managed to successfully repair my first tubular tyre...well almost anyway!

I am just trying to reapply the base tape again and am having difficulty finding something suitable to stick it with. Superglue is no good for textiles, and rubber cement from puncture repair kits is just too well rubbbery!!

I've done the research and apparently it is 'latex cement' or 'latex solution' that I need or some sort of 'latex based textile adhesive'. Does anybody know where on earth I could put my hands on some of this stuff to finish off the job? A name of something suitable or a link to it online...anything!!

Thanks in advance for your help guys, much appreciated! Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Its a lifetime since I repaired a tub but we used to use the rim cement. It always worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I'd say you'll find all the answers here.

Advertisement