Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer Orgs Training EMTs

Options
  • 20-05-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

I was under the impression that the likes of Red Cross, Civil Defence and OMAC are doing a "Bridging Course" to EMT Level for members who meet a certain criteria.
    If this is the case will PHECC continue to allow this practice for the forseeable future?

The reason for my question; I would not want to guarantee anybody who joins a vol org that they would get the chance to become an EMT in a couple of years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Yes they will all* keep training to EMT. As it becomes a standard fro transport the organisation will need to maintain/expand their the numbers of EMTs

The criteria effectively gets shifted down from having the legacy EFR/EMFR to the PHECC EFR. There is emphasis put on having prior exp during your time getting to the EMT stage. The course duration would also be increased. Just becomes a longer Bridging course.

Advertisement