Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor service Vision Express Blanchardstown

Options
  • 20-05-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I thought I would share my experience with Vision Express in blanchardstown shopping center. It was my first and hopefully last one. It was in the time of their promotion, where they were offering to discount new glasses upto 80 euro in exchange for your old pair. That was in December 2010. I was looking to get new pair of glasses as well as contacts.

It all began fairly good and I was invited to my appointment to have my eyes checked. After the eye test I picked my glasses and shop assistent and I were looking at different kind of lenses. Lenses, I probably should've walked away, were very expensive but i have decided that i like the frame, so why not. It was somewhat offset by the offer they have "CareFree". When you get glasses and contacts you get some sort of discount.
    Fine. Week later I had my first trial for contacts they were OK, so i have asked theym to supplies for 6 months (minimum with CareFree). Still without glasses.

Next think, I have received txt that my glasses are ready. That was 2 weeks after exam. So much for 1 hour service (nah, i do have unusuall perscription to be fair). But they were just handed to me, no check up or anything, "have a good one and bye bye". Straight away I wasn't happy with how they felt, but I was thinking it happens with all new pair when new. Weird feeling wasn't going away after hours, days.. so I brought them back to the shop. Shop assisstant confirmed that they were different type of lens, and blamed supplier (they have recently change it or something).

Another three weeks later I didn't hear from them and at that stage I was pretty pissed of, so I asked for my money back... but as usuall they have all these policies and **** which say no money back will keep fixing and replacing.I did get into pretty good arguement about it, but stayed polite :) I walked away as I wanted to have a look at it for my self, but gave up eventually and called them to get the glasses ready.

Picked them another week and a half later and they were finaly ready. Walking into the shop it looked like I'm most wanted person there.

Only in April I have received another txt that my contacts are ready for collection. I get in the shop, everybody soooo helpfull (NOT) i take my box and without further adue a walk away.

And guess what. Box full of cleaning solution, BUT NO CONTACT LENSES. so i give the a call... they didn't believe, so i had to bring the box back to the shop. They could barely look me in the eye blaming everyone left, right and center and worst of all with me standing there they are talking about other people going on breaks and how busy it is and all the crap... I know you have problems, but i don't need to hear about them.. not in that situation. OOHHH... i thought i'm going to explode.. i was soo pissed off.

another 2 weeks later i have my conctacts and i will be canceling the freaking CareFree as soon as i can (month or 2 away) and I don't want to have...

BTW.. first question when picking up contacts was.. "Are you on Direct Debit?" haha beautiful

To sum it up? Poor service, poor customer service, blame everyone and everything else, took money and don't give a rats ......

I get no everybodies experience would be as bad.. but i had to get it out... see if there is anoyone else... share, shout... ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is awful:(
    My glasses take 2-3 weeks to do usually so I never expect the 1 hour service but I do expect service.
    I am pretty sure you were entitled to a redund as they were not fit for purpose.
    I would complain to the manager in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmet241982

I recently got my eyes tested in vision express in Blanchardstown shopping center and thought the staff were a joke! Running around like headless chickens not having a clue. Not just the sales assistants, the opticians too. I'd like to know what qualifications opticians need to get a job in vision express......I wanted to get contact lenses so some guy called Chris tested my eyes and as I have a very weak left eye he suggests I don't really need to wear a len in that eye and to wear a len in the right eye only. I have 50 to 60% vision in my weak eye but can see with that eye fairly well to which he should of know from testing my eyes and to suggest wearing only a len in the better eye is rickdiculous and proves to me that the opticians in vision express are a joke. I also had to come in to their shop on several occasions for silly reasons such as to collect my glasses and lenses when I could of only came in the once if they hadn't of forgot to give me stuff like the solution for my contact lenses.......I'm not saying vision express's shops are all messy like this 1 but their Blanchardstown shop is a place to avoid

Advertisement