Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Camac in Dublin.

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hi there just wondering if anyone fishes or has fished the Camac,its hard to find any information on it,all I know is it was stocked at some stage so im guessing people must fish it,if anyone has any information it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

where in dublin is this river? never heard of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

where in dublin is this river? never heard of it :rolleyes:

from wikipedia
    The Camac forms from a flow from Mount Seskin - south east of Saggart, to the southwest of Dublin city - and other mountain streams, and an 18th century diversion from the Brittas River tributary of the River Liffey. It flows through a mountain valley, the Slade of Saggart, south west of the broad Tallaght area and east of Newcastle, then past Saggart, through Corkagh Park and then Clondalkin, near which it is sometimes called Clondalkin River. The Camac then continues on to Inchicore and Kilmainham, where it runs behind the jail museum, before entering the Liffey alongside Heuston Station, a little upstream of Sean Heuston Bridge.

The Camac receives tributaries from around Newcastle, and near Clondalkin (including the Boherboy, Brownsbarn and Fettercairn Streams, the latter joining near the boundary of Corkagh Park, in which the Camac features). Later tributaries include the Robinhood Stream, Drimnagh Castle (or Bluebell) Stream, Walkinstown Stream and Gallanstown Stream.

The Camac runs behind Richmond Park, home to St Patrick's Athletic and gives its name to the ground's 'Camac Terrace'.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

I fished it a few times some nice little streches more a stream/drain than a river with a stock of small wild browns. Fishes best in march or when we have a nice bit of rain.
    nearly impossible to fish with fly its to small.
    There was a club on it a few years ago that stocked it a few times but i think they are long gone.
    p.s. some parts that you walk are rough areas and i dont mean the river defo not for the faint hearted

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Must get a few sea trout?

natdog wrote: »
    I fished it a few times some nice little streches more a stream/drain than a river with a stock of small wild browns. Fishes best in march or when we have a nice bit of rain.
    nearly impossible to fish with fly its to small.
    There was a club on it a few years ago that stocked it a few times but i think they are long gone.
    p.s. some parts that you walk are rough areas and i dont mean the river defo not for the faint hearted

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Thanks for the info,i know it runs through some rough areas, I still kind of want to give it a go as its the closest river to me and I kinda like the idea of fishing for trout in the city for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement