Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscellaneous Evo Tournament tidbits

Options
  • 20-05-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

I thought perhaps a thread to compile a compendium of complimentary garnishes to make the awesome even more so.

who'd be up for some roles? Or has other ideas?

Photographers: The forum's always had a few, and i take it real jim is still with us, sf.ie will benefit from high qual photos from the day..

Twitterati; Providing live coverage from the event and the drinking sessions afterwards. play by play from the grand social or wherever.

Documenters; from Vlogs like doom's to straight up interviews like The Launch event.

Posters; Farz has already suggested doing this himself.

Other publicity; website interviews and articles, specifically Irish gaming ones, like the lads on the podcast. i might be bigging up the event on a radio station out west soon

Other ideas? Anything more leftfield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Recording and documentaries are in hand with Doom - albeit, he has alot on right now.

Real Jim - you coming? Would be great if you could.

I need a volunteer for running of the different tourneys on the day also. I have MK9 and BB taken care of but MVC3 and SSF4 AE are still up. I think Dan said he would run SSF4 but have to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah me and Ger will run SSF4 between us. I'll throw a dig in for MvC3 if you're stuck but probably best to get someone else, if you can, so I'm not too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll be up for vlogging about the event and the beers after as well, hopefully with no disasters like trains breaking down ( I do plan on heading up the night before, though. )

I could also suggest popping an email around a few radio stations, it would be great if we could get the big ones to get us a shout out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is it going to be AE or SSF4? I thought it was unanimous it would be AE, no? Since it does come out 11 days before the tournament? Just wondering

Edit : I also have a camera I could bring and take pictures/videos with but probably wont be of much use to you guys, I'll bring it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This tournament just got Mistified!!!!!

:D:):D:):D:):D:pac:

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Is it going to be AE or SSF4? I thought it was unanimous it would be AE, no? Since it does come out 11 days before the tournament? Just wondering

Edit : I also have a camera I could bring and take pictures/videos with but probably wont be of much use to you guys, I'll bring it anyway :)

Twill be in AE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I will prob make sure to vlog the **** out of it but if we want someone to do something of the quality fo the launch video- we'll need someone who knows how to make something of the quality of the launch video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i'm encouraging everyone to take ****in photos.
    y'all got camera phones, just keep snapping when you get a chance, its great to see a variety of pics rather than 1 person taking them, i might bring in my camera, im not used to taking pictures of lads, sweaty lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll be available to do my usual job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Someone needs to make an instruction guide on how to get to exchange, with most importantly a snap of the outside of the build.

• Advertisement

Someone needs to make an instruction guide on how to get to exchange, with most importantly a snap of the outside of the build.

I second the motion for kneecap to do this.

When i master the power of instantranslocation.

When i master the power of instantranslocation.

Get the scientists working on the tube technology. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Get the scientists working on the tube technology. :)

Chop chop, let's go :pac:

WIN

I'm a chemist godamnit, not a physicist!

Anywho this:

Let's compel the tournament winner to register in the evo tourny (the las vegas one that is) with SF.ie preceding their name.

Also Lets buy SF.IE and set it as a redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'll run MvC3 if needed as there's no way I'm entering.

I've been messing around with time lapse videos lately, so if there's a high enough vantage point I'll stick a camera up there and record the event in time lapse.

We'll get some top notch videos of Misty sleeping at least.

A time lapse video of the whole day would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

A-Trak wrote: »
    I'll run MvC3 if needed as there's no way I'm entering.

I've been messing around with time lapse videos lately, so if there's a high enough vantage point I'll stick a camera up there and record the event in time lapse.

We'll get some top notch videos of Misty sleeping at least.

Scene: At Evo tournement, Misty Chaos has just beaten a player

Me: You've being mistified!

* other players looks away for 5 seconds then looks back at Misty*

Me: ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz........

Rest assured, I plan on travelling up for this the night before so I'll at least have a few hours sleep before hand so this ( hopefully! ) won't happen. :pac:

Bump.

Thoughts:

Logos for our videos and photos, transparent .pngs with the name of the site would be great for photos we take.

On the videos what about player name overlays and a logo to sit between the ultra meters?

Also what's the deal with posters, i'll happily print some here and post them in town/pester gamestop to stick some up.
    Let's compel the tournament winner to register in the evo tourny (the las vegas one that is) with SF.ie preceding their name.

Also Lets buy SF.IE and set it as a redirect.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

Oh btw, I'm so ****in hype.

• Advertisement

Bit late for posters I think. Although I still really want a collection of Inferno/SF.ie posters.

Can't register a two letter domain iirc. Dunno if the rules would change if it was purely for a redirect but I doubt it.

Bump.

Thoughts:

Logos for our videos and photos, transparent .pngs with the name of the site would be great for photos we take.

On the videos what about player name overlays and a logo to sit between the ultra meters?

Also what's the deal with posters, i'll happily print some here and post them in town/pester gamestop to stick some up.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

Oh btw, I'm so ****in hype.

From the video point of view- If someone made the overlays I am pretty sure I could use them.

However the problem is processing. Every single video would take twice as long to get up. The only real complaint I've ever got about the vids (I assume because people are polite :D ) is that it can take while to get them up.

But if someone made an SF.ie ident and overlays which I could place text on, I would gladly use them.

I'm not saying no, but I would like feedback, type of thing.

I'm hype too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

calm down guys,
    there will be posters on the event. They will be outside the window, so people know if its a comic con or a sf tournament.
    Also will have some inside, for decorative purposes.

They will be similar to the websites theme, nothing too fancy,
    You are free to get them printed yourselves if you need em, [then send me a picture of it on your wall]
    think rieds, probably do A2 for €2-3

p.s: i can do the overlays.
    We actually need a logo for sf.ie

Placebo wrote: »
    calm down guys,
    there will be posters on the event. They will be outside the window, so people know if its a comic con or a sf tournament.
    Also will have some inside, for decorative purposes.

They will be similar to the websites theme, nothing too fancy,
    You are free to get them printed yourselves if you need em, [then send me a picture of it on your wall]
    think rieds, probably do A2 for €2-3

p.s: i can do the overlays.
    We actually need a logo for sf.ie

In!

Updated www.streetfighter.ie, will chuck up at least 1 more article a day for this week.

If people can retweet and all that rubbish it would be good.

Two letter domain thing sucks, wasn't aware of that, I suppose streetfighter.ie could still be added to the name.

re:posters ; a couple of A4 ones would be cheap, and drum up some interest.

There could be some random chinese kid out there waiting to blow up cobelcog, if only he knew he existed...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

We need some ladies for the tourney:)
    Step 1 approach attractive women in dole que.
    step 2 tell them money in exchange for them being scantily clad.
    step 3 tell them all they have to do is cheer, dance, and announce player names.
    step 4 for the dudes smell better than the next man and you will be more liked by the wiminz.
    step 5 invent fake careers,lives,or qualifications e.g. Doom can say he is actually a doctor
    step 6 feed,mate ,repeat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We need some ladies for the tourney:)
    Step 1 approach attractive women in dole que.
    step 2 tell them money in exchange for them being scantily clad.
    step 3 tell them all they have to do is cheer, dance, and announce player names.
    step 4 for the dudes smell better than the next man and you will be more liked by the wiminz.
    step 5 invent fake careers,lives,or qualifications e.g. Doom can say he is actually a doctor
    step 6 feed,mate ,repeat:D

DooM already has a cover story for a job. He's in a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well I will be tweeting the **** out of this so much that my friends will be wondering what I'm talking about. We got a # word for this event???

Also I was going to hit up Reddit about this but someone beat me to my karma whoring

Advertisement