Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in management smurfit

Options
  • 20-05-2011 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I just received a conditional offer for a management masters at smurfit , I am just wondering if any one has done it and has any feedback? Is it worth the money and is there good name justified? Also where do people live when doing masters at smurfit and what's it like everyday ie class times how many hours and days etc?! Any general info would be greatly appreciated!!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

The below thread I think is helpful. I also know someone who has just finished first year and finds it quite a good course. I myself have accepted a place in the part time course starting next year. Every course will get negativity and positivity from different people, it depends what you are looking for from the course.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056241429

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jennifermcc

Thanks this is great help. Ya I agree with you not everyone is going to like a course. I'm hoping to get a general overview from here though just to help me weigh up my options!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 welwyn

Hi
    Did you decide to go ahead and do the masters. I am considering it too

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

I did the part time one, i loved it it fulfilled all my expectations and more, however other class members moaned about it for various reasons but i think you will have that anyway on any course,so i can only speak for myself i suppose.

I cannot comment on how it might help with ones career prospects and interviews etc as i run my own business, but i learned how to write and think critically but the education i received in relation to marketing, accounting, and business strategy has helped me and my business

Its a broad course and it suited me well. The material is not difficult on the course however if you want to do well and set yourself apart you need to work hard, just like anything else! Conversely, it would not be difficult to coast it and receive and average degree and it would impossible to fail and not get through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 welwyn

thanks for that.
    I'm coming from a science background so am worried that I might be in over my head?? Were most of the class from a business background?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Class was a complete mix of all kinds, you will be fine honest, im from a science background too!
    There was very little that was intellectually difficult apart from maybe some bits of corporate finance and perhaps accountancy but that could not be overcome with a bit of extra effort in those areas-the rest 95%, anyone could do by just putting in the effort!

Advertisement