Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niall Boylan joins 4fm

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Niall Boylan will be hosting an new late night talk show on 4FM from this sunday night. I wonder will they be keeping David Harveys morning talk show? I thought they wanted to reduce talk output.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I hope 4FM know what the're letting themselves in for. The guys a nutcase. I know cos i tried to have a chat with him in a a chat room once. Utter Nutter.!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Ha ha Niall is my uncle. Agree with the comment above, he can be a bit mad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Good luck to Niall. Only ever heard him on 98FM years and years ago, when he used to do the After Dark show. Used to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I can confirm that The Late Show with Niall Boylan will kick off on Classic Hits 4FM this Sunday night from 9pm to midnight and will run every week from Sunday to Thursday with a "best of" show going out on Fridays from 10pm to midnight.

The tag line of the show is "talk with a twist" and it will mix elements of comedy, serious hard-hitting interviews and topical discussion all in Niall Boylan's own brash and different style.

... and just to put my cards on the table, I'm a friend of Niall's, my name is also Niall and I'm the producer of the show. The show has a facebook and twitter - feel free to like/follow it :) - and you can call in to the show on 1850 4 104 94 or text 53544 (for 20 cent).

Aside - just from the point of view of the radio forum, you can rest assured that despite my connection with the show, I'll continue to be unbiased as a moderator here.

Excellent, best of luck with it Bard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

Hi brad will the show be starting at 9pm every night?

Tapes wrote: »
    Hi brad will the show be starting at 9pm every night?

Sunday to Thursday, 9pm to midnight. 'Best of...' Friday, 10pm to midnight. Thought I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Good luck to Niall. Only ever heard him on 98FM years and years ago, when he used to do the After Dark show. Used to enjoy it.

Before 98FM, Niall Boylan was with FM104. I think he was more or less Chris Barry's understudy. After 98FM, Niall had a small stint on Dublin's Country 106.8. He also was the man behind, as well as a presenter with, temporary-licenced talk station Real Radio.

Niall Boylan's producer on 4FM, Niall O'Keeffe, worked with Niall Boylan on Real Radio as a sports presenter and as a presenter on LGBT-oriented temporary station Open FM. Subsequently, this Niall was a presenter on north-east regional youth station I105-107.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

just found this show tonight nice suprise i listen to ian collins or lbc at night now i have a local talk show at night. will work in cork now victor barry is no longer doing nights on red fm.

Before 98FM, Niall Boylan was with FM104. I think he was more or less Chris Barry's understudy. After 98FM, Niall had a small stint on Dublin's Country 106.8. He also was the man behind, as well as a presenter with, temporary-licenced talk station Real Radio.

Niall Boylan's producer on 4FM, Niall O'Keeffe, worked with Niall Boylan on Real Radio as a sports presenter and as a presenter on LGBT-oriented temporary station Open FM. Subsequently, this Niall was a presenter on north-east regional youth station I105-107.

I made a few errors when giving the previous experience of Niall O'Keeffe (Niall Boylan's producer).
    He wasn't a sports presenter on Real Radio: he was the news editor there as well as researcher and presenter or co-presenter on a couple of programmes.

He wasn't a presenter on i105-107, but was a newsreader on both i105-107 and i102-104.

In Open FM, N. O'K. was certainly a weekend presenter but he was also head of production. I should also mention that he presented for Christmas FM in both 2009 and 2010.

Now - back to Niall Boylan himself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

First time listener to him tonight!! He's very brash isn't he!! Am more of a Tony livesy five live person. Is this aggressive talking and fast talking everybody's cup of tea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

decies wrote: »
    First time listener to him tonight!! He's very brash isn't he!! Am more of a Tony livesy five live person. Is this aggressive talking and fast talking everybody's cup of tea!!

Listening in Cork tonight ,,,, im a fan already .. Hes mad this is true but hes good mad and kinda sexy mad :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The callers are mad too and there was a great fight between two blokes over one feckin workin :mad: and scrounging ... I tried calling in but it was toooo late :mad::mad::mad:

Listened in for the first hour last night. Good to hear you on air Bard.

Well done with the show, Niall Boylan sounds great. I'll try an listen more often.

I don't like when talk radio shows try to pack too much in, and are really tight on time for each topic. Maybe it was just the topic I heard last night, but I thought it dragged out a little too long. It was kind of like a big long thread on boards, where the same points are gone over again and again.

Well done anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

Well done with the show, Niall Boylan sounds great. I'll try an listen more often.

:)

told ya he sounds sexxxxxy:D:D .. he was really angry tonight over that young girl getting free ivf treatment ....he takes it so serious and it doesnt care what the caller thinks when he gets pissed off....thats why i love it .used to listen to victor barry here until they moved him but niall is streets ahead and seems to be able to talk about everything:eek::eek: ....his brain must get tired talking for three hours everynight :confused: you just dont know what happens next ...and his voice is such a turn on ha ha ha :P

go on ya good thing

where was he before 4fm ? anyone know

Proview wrote: »
    told ya he sounds sexxxxxy:D:D .. he was really angry tonight over that young girl getting free ivf treatment ....he takes it so serious and it doesnt care what the caller thinks when he gets pissed off....thats why i love it .used to listen to victor barry here until they moved him but niall is streets ahead and seems to be able to talk about everything:eek::eek: ....his brain must get tired talking for three hours everynight :confused: you just dont know what happens next ...and his voice is such a turn on ha ha ha :P

go on ya good thing

where was he before 4fm ? anyone know

If you looked back over the previous posts in this thread, you would have seen the answer to your question. Anyway, here is a quick summary of Niall's previous radio experience:

Niall Boylan was the man behind, as well as a presenter with, temporary-licenced Dublin talk station Real Radio last year. A year or two before that, Niall had a small stint on *Dublin's Country Mix 106.8. It was a property-related slot - I think that dates it! Before that again, he presented a phone-in talk show on Dublin's 98M, and before that he was involved with a similar program on FM104. Initially, as far as I know, he assisted Chris Barry on FM104.
    So, Niall Boylan would probably not be known outside Dublin.

Incidentally, Niall Boylan had a residency as a deejay in Dublin nightclub Club M.

* Now known as Sunshine 106.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Niall Also Presented An Irish Music Show On Dublin's Country Mix. He also had a residency as a Deejay in Earth In Drogheda And More recently In Silence In Dundalk, Buskers In Temple Bar and For Many years Tomangos In Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

4fm is now the old 98fm classic hits dublin station from the 1990's.It's dreadful stuff.Radio in Ireland is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 caramolly

he'll be in a bit o soup after last nights show and that women regret.ie abortion campaign. talk about aggressive about them not coming on. they made right decision imo. awful sad stories..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont normally listen to radio late at night but I tuned in at 10.20 last night to this lad, and he cut off a caller for "ballyragging" him...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

radiofreak wrote: »
    Niall Also Presented An Irish Music Show On Dublin's Country Mix. He also had a residency as a Deejay in Earth In Drogheda And More recently In Silence In Dundalk, Buskers In Temple Bar and For Many years Tomangos In Portmarnock.

PLEASE, radiofreak, please explain why you capitalise the first letter of every word you type? I am genuinely curious!

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    PLEASE, radiofreak, please explain why you capitalise the first letter of every word you type? I am genuinely curious!

When someone types their message ALL in capitals, the site will change it to look like that instead, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

radiofreak wrote: »

I'm sure I saw him on The Late Late when Pat Kenny was presenting, he was selling wigs at that stage. And one of his "participants" was Joey who used to do the phones from his call-in show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

I've been listening to this show for a few months now and I have to say I find it great entertainment. If your looking for good heated no holding back debates about topics of the day then this is show to listen too. They won a big award too at the New York radio awards for Rhoda’s Story in the best human interest category, fair play to them.

TBP wrote: »
    They won a big award too at the New York radio awards for Rhoda’s Story in the best human interest category, fair play to them.

It was the bronze medal in the Human Interest category. I'm fairly proud of it, to be honest... while my name isn't on it (as I no longer work on the show), I was the producer of the show in question where Rhoda Crosbie came into studio... it was difficult and harrowing, but really good radio.

Advertisement