Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heath and safety

Options
  • 19-05-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

hi all hope ye can help me i work in a so called factory more like a big shed i reported a lot of things to the hsa.they called to the offices and never came out on the factory floor and haven`t been since are they been bought off or what

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭D.McC

I very much doubt if they have been paid off. More than likey, the HSA inspectors arrived, had a chat with the owner or senior management and have allowed them time to make the required corrections and bring the place up to code.

On the other hand, this 'shed' might already meet the requirements for a building of it type and use and therefore futher action by the HSA is no needed.

If would help if you could give some detail about the H&S in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

when the hsa officer called we were told too go on an early break??? the general place is a disaster there are no walkways, smoking is everywhere even in the so called canteen which has no handles on the door a big hole in the floor and also doubles as a changing room, floods on wher we work after heavy rain loads of other thimgs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭D.McC

Doesn't sound a very nice or safe place to work.

Unfortunately the HSA doesn't normally enter a workplace and close it down for safety reasons. HSA Inspectors will often give the owners time to take corrective action.

Advertisement