Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S3 Issues

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. So, I've been told that due to piston rings pumping oil into the turbo at an alarming rate - I need a new turbo, engine and to add insult to injury I now HAVE to do the differential (old un-related problem).

I have found a breaker in Dublin breaking an 02 S3, same engine (amk) who is going to supply me all these parts - just wondering if anyone has done this on a similar audi quattro or on a similar car??

The breaker is based in Swords and seems to be relatively private - no website, operates off a mobile phone etc. he can supply me with everything I am looking for "in perfect working order and tested before removal". I'm bringing my mechanic out with me but we can't test the engine as it is already out of the car - what recourse do I have if it doesn't work?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Sounds a bit iffy. Wonder was it from a legitimately broken S2 or one stolen for parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Can you PM me the number of the breaker pls?

Not after any of your bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jrs3

Is there a way by checking the chassis number or engine code etc to tell? I don't want to get to NCT stage and be told that the engine is stolen

jrs3 wrote: »
    I don't want to get to NCT stage and be told that the engine is stolen

That won't happen anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jrs3

RoverJames wrote: »
    That won't happen anyway
    oh..someone told me of a similar situation recently. Prob more chinese whispers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

I wouldn't worry to much. The stolen car it was taken from probably ran fine :D

Advertisement