Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with the wireless adapter for xbox 360.

Options
  • 19-05-2011 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Just wondering:

I have the old type of xbox (The one that doesn't have the wireless adapter built in) so had to go out and buy one of those network adapters (which tbh is fairly s**t - connection drops on me all the time!!)

My modem is downstairs and I have my xbox upstairs in my room so i'm guessing that's why I have been having problems. (Not lagging problems in the slightest as when I am connected the connection is perfect but it tends to drop once every 20-30 minutes.)

So basically considering my options now. I'm looking into plug links as I here they seem to be allot better and ensure a more consistent connection, Only problem is there going to set me back another €80-€100 :(

Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Bridging another router/Using my laptop as a wireless point etc.

Open to all help.

Thanks in advance lads :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I just connect my laptop to the Xbox and bridge the wireless and wired connections. Only thing is, it's still wireless so dependent on your laptops wifi range.
    It works fine for me as router is only a few metres from laptop if i'm playing. No way I was gonna fork out for one of those wireless adapters. Think they were around €70 when the Xbox 360 first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Sounds to me like the router is resetting itself every 20 minutes. I remember reading a post before that an eircom router was set to refresh every hour or so. They solved it be entering in 9999 seconds as the reset value and had hours out of it between timeouts.

Can't be more specific than that, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CormD

Yeah i'm going to try and bridge my laptop to my xbox. Seems allot easier then trying to bridge another router!

Sounds to me like the router is resetting itself every 20 minutes. I remember reading a post before that an eircom router was set to refresh every hour or so. They solved it be entering in 9999 seconds as the reset value and had hours out of it between timeouts.

Can't be more specific than that, sorry.

Never thought of that! Going to log into the router and see what the story is, thanks for that suggestion mate!

Ok thats wasn't as easy as I thought :confused:

Going to have to settle with opening the ports on my router and sticking with the adapter for the time being :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement