Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continental tyres - 4 for the price of 3

Options
  • 19-05-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

http://www.fastfit.ie/ are doing 4 Continental tyres for the price of 3 till the end of May. For what I was after it made their price the same as makes no difference from Blackcircles.com after fitting/postage etc. is taken into account - and far less hassle. They're still far from cheap, but a "bargain" of sorts nonetheless! There are some T&Cs - the biggest of which is that the four tyres have to be fitted to only one car. I'm debating whether to take the offer or get four bridgestone tyres instead - they're about €30 dearer than the continentals (in the offer) but he reckons they'll last much longer and be just as good for handling/grip - any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I use eiretyres.com. i find them the best for all my cars. you just have to get a garage to fit them but it works out way cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

johnwd wrote: »
    http://www.fastfit.ie/ are doing 4 Continental tyres for the price of 3 till the end of May. For what I was after it made their price the same as makes no difference from Blackcircles.com after fitting/postage etc. is taken into account - and far less hassle. They're still far from cheap, but a "bargain" of sorts nonetheless! There are some T&Cs - the biggest of which is that the four tyres have to be fitted to only one car. I'm debating whether to take the offer or get four bridgestone tyres instead - they're about €30 dearer than the continentals (in the offer) but he reckons they'll last much longer and be just as good for handling/grip - any advice appreciated.

what make of bridgestone, B250,s are pretty hardwearing.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    I use eiretyres.com. i find them the best for all my cars. you just have to get a garage to fit them but it works out way cheaper.

I used to use eiretyres , But now use http://www.mcmanustyres.ie/ They are in Dundalk and I cant find cheaper .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i also use eiretyres , find them very cheap as there are tyre changers in the garage of the company i work for. cannot really find much information from that website from mcmanustyres, nothing readily shows anything to do with price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

www.camskill.co.uk

I use these guys whenever I need tyres and find them cheaper than eiretyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Moanin wrote: »
    www.camskill.co.uk

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/259582/tyre_test_2010.html

I bought some vredstein all season tyres from camskills a while back based on a similar autoexpress review, very good value at time (not sure now with currency etc), quick delivery, even cheaper if you are VAT registered. I havent looked at their website until recently, they seem to selling a lot more car parts, oils etc

as an aside, Edd Chyna of Wheeler Dealer fame, seems to use Comma oil a lot, apparantly Comma are a subsidary of Mobile and Comma make Halfords own brand oil.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

All the Continentals I've had were excellent. Expensive, but great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I went for the Bridgestones ER300s on the advice of the manager in Fastfits Waterford branch and some online research - he seemed genuinely interested in looking after me. I had continentals previously and they wore fast on the front (26k kms), but the original tyres (dunlop) wore just as quick in fariness. I had a look at camskills, eiretyres, bllackcircles (who I did my last set with) and fastfit were as near as makes no difference on price for the Continental tyres (with the 4 for 3 offer) and for the Bridgestones I went for. As a general observation Continental tyres seem to be very dear in bricks n mortar Ireland versus online. Bridgestone, on the otherhand seem to be much closer to UK prices. I will report back in 50,000kms - hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Quick question guys. I have to 4 replacement tyres for my Toyota Yaris for NCT purposes (it failed on account of the current ones being worn)

It's a jap import with aftermarket alloys

The tyres on them are Dunlop LeMans and say 185/55 R15

I can't see anything on the Kwik Fit website for those sizes.

Can someone recommend a suitable budget option, have seen advice to go with one of the big brands would something like these:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m53b0s287p61005 or maybe these

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m53b0s287p12283

Be a good option?

I'm assuming it's summer tyres I'm looking for on the Eirtyres site though it seems as though Camskill may be cheaper.

Any advice would be much appreciated I have zero knowledge of the subject matter:)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

sharkman wrote: »
    I used to use eiretyres , But now use http://www.mcmanustyres.ie/ They are in Dundalk and I cant find cheaper .

Have used them many times and always found them very good, might have to wait half an hour but cheap and great service.
    www.camskill.co.uk

Camskill are great for price and delivery. I ordered 4 toyo proxies off them at 5pm on a wednesday and they were delivered at 9am thursday morning, i was so shocked they were so fast and yes they did come from the UK in that time...
    Only problem is fitting, most tire places dont want to fit them or will charge a fortune.
    afaik nisssan doctor on here is very good and well priced for fitting tires :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What would be the price of 4 tyres for 17" alloys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

What do people actually save by ordering online?

Like after you get someone to put them on for you? (adding costs just to get to a fitter and you have to lug them there with you aswell).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

sharkman wrote: »
    No price information, no delivery. Might be good if you live close, but otherwise?

Not your ornery onager

What do people actually save by ordering online?

Like after you get someone to put them on for you? (adding costs just to get to a fitter and you have to lug them there with you aswell).
    You can have the tyres delivered to your fitter, if you organise one in advance.

There are appreciable savings to be made, even after paying for fitting / balancing / disposal.

Camskill seem to be generally cheaper than Eiretyres.

Also, read Cormie's thread for his on-going issue with Eiretyres, which has now progressed to threat of legal action! Also, from what I have gleaned, Eiretyres is not based in this country, despite the name.

I would go with Camskill. If money is tight, consider used tyres from e.g. www.tyreland.ie - no connection, btw.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Esel wrote: »
    Also, from what I have gleaned, Eiretyres is not based in this country, despite the name.
    Seen that alright
    Our postal address:

Delticom AG
    Brühlstr. 11
    30169 Hannover
    Germany
    Telephone: 00800-33584266 (toll free) or 0049-511-93634640 (Monday to Friday from 7 am to 9 pm)
    Fax: 0049-89-208080815

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

From tyreland
    "We are also proud to work in conjunction with Goodyear Dunlop tyre testing laboratories. We regularly send samples of our stock for endurance testing to ensure that they exceed the highest quality standards we have put in place - we believe that no other part worn supplier has gone to these lengths to guarantee the quality and safety of the tyres they are selling."

I could believe this if they were remoulding or regroving tyres and needed to check the integrity post process but what exactly can be gleaned from testing a part worn tyre when the next tyre you sell even if the same model will almost certainly be from a different batch maybe even a different facility and will have been driven on a different car over different roads at different speeds to different stresses.

I regularly buy part worn tyres but this sounds like nonsense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Has anybody any experiences with Tyreland? I'd be interested to hear peoples experiences.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Esel wrote: »
    You can have the tyres delivered to your fitter, if you organise one in advance.

There are appreciable savings to be made, even after paying for fitting / balancing / disposal.

Camskill seem to be generally cheaper than Eiretyres.

Also, read Cormie's thread for his on-going issue with Eiretyres, which has now progressed to threat of legal action! Also, from what I have gleaned, Eiretyres is not based in this country, despite the name.

I would go with Camskill. If money is tight, consider used tyres from e.g. www.tyreland.ie - no connection, btw.
    Camskill seem to be generally cheaper than Eiretyres. camskills base price is €33.00 incl VAT cheaper than eiretyres on the tyres I have.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Has anybody any experiences with Tyreland? I'd be interested to hear peoples experiences.....
    Do a search of this forum. There are a number of posts from people who have used them.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi lads...... have worked out the tyres I need. I need 2 of them. Are the prices on camskill per tyre or for 2?. Not finding them that cheap. My tyre is 215/65R16.

I'd prefer to buy and get fitted at the same place all in. Can anybody recommend a place in Sth Dublin doing decent deals presently?.

• Advertisement

Any business seller is per tyre.

Are you comparing like for like when you say you are 'not finding them that cheap'?

You can buy a good (i.e. well-handling, name-brand, reasonable life) tyre for close to the price of a bad (i.e. little grip, no-name, long life) one.

It can make the difference between heart attack-free driving and ending upside down in the ditch....

I consider that any independent tyre supplier who will not fit and balance tyres supplied by the customer is not worthy of that customer's business. Provided that they are recompensed for their labour / overheads.

^ To me, €15 to €20 would be the absolute maximum you should pay for fitting and balancing.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Just to say I'm due to get 4 x Continental PREMIUM CONTACT 2 fitted by Fast Fit tomorrow.

They say they are normally €120 each fitted! But with the 4 for 3 it will be €365 (something not quite right with the maths:) )

Anyway, this seems cheaper than Eirtyres or Camskill

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m53b0s287p60892

Especially after the cost of delivery & fitting.

Thanks OP for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bumping this 1 year old thread

My brother in law is looking for 4 Continental Tyres and after contacting a good few
    companies it came down to this.

http://www.discounttyres.ie/offers.html 400 Euros

I was just wondering if anyone knows any deals going in Dublin atm on Continentals,Pirelli,Bridgestone,Michelin,Dunlop etc

Thank you for any info you may have

Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Jarren wrote: »
    Bumping this 1 year old thread

My brother in law is looking for 4 Continental Tyres and after contacting a good few
    companies it came down to this.

http://www.discounttyres.ie/offers.html 400 Euros

I was just wondering if anyone knows any deals going in Dublin atm on Continentals,Pirelli,Bridgestone,Michelin,Dunlop etc

Thank you for any info you may have

Jarren

Also interested in any deals for premium/mid range tyres. Dublin or cork.

Have to get 4 new 195/55/R16.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

discount tyres are competitive and have a 2 yr callout service for repair of certain tyres

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Please use the request forum instead of bumping an old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement